Skip to main content

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi @SomethingGood 

You are definitely not alone with the way you are feeling, and I am so happy that you have realised that you have an issue and are welcoming the need to change, and you are worth living a better way of life. 

I live in South Australia and am currently doing a course called Dare to Dream which is run by an organisation called The Yellow Gate  https://theyellowgate.org.au/ I just had a look and they are solely based in South Australia. I also noticed that some councils run this workshop, so perhaps you could see if a council close to you runs this workshop. I think it would really help.

๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒˆ

Hello to you all!

I found these forums after stumbling across a very sensible article on the Sane website about narcissism described as a continuum we are all on. Being subject to narcisistic victimisation myself, I can finally put into perspective all those posts on Quora that have had me stumped! "But I do that?" "They definitely do that!" "Don't we all do that?"

I'm in a process of finding help advocating for myself and mental health status in my community, and I hope to one day be in a position to advocate for better attitudes towards mental health, as well as improving the lives of those experiencing mental health issues. One step at a time though!

Fun fact: I practice mindfulness and gratitude. Gotta pay life it dues when it is good, it doesn't invalidate your experiences to do so, and it's only fair to keep your perspective in balance.

Fun fact 2: I wield the staff of articulation only to end up making word salad with it. I prefer to be without a filter - but I'm wise enough to pick my audience. 

Feeling a hopeful beginning here. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hey @Protagonist81 ,

Welcome to the forums! Great to have you with us. 

Thank you for sharing a little about yourself and what you hope to get from the forums. MH and services can certainly be very interesting to navigate, and good to hear you are finding ways to advocate for yourself in the community.

Pretty awesome to hear about you practicing mindfulness and gratitude. I think gratitude is really key to my recovery. I found it has taken me through many tricky circumstances.

Have you heard of GEM learning? This is something I'm focusing on at the moment. GEM stands for Gratitude, Empathy and Mindfulness ๐Ÿ™‚ Companies are including it in their workplaces, and it's also included in schools as part of supporting mental health. This is a link to the book https://www.amazon.com.au/Resilience-Project-Happiness-Gratitude-Mindfulness/dp/B081K7HR89

hi all! i'm new and kind of excited to be here.
i live with endometriosis and the horrible pain comes with it. i came out as lesbian 4 years ago and still trying to find the courage to be myself after 10 years of marriage with a man. i have lived experience of suicide but have been feeling OK for the last 18 months. i have really good days and unbearable days. trying to take each day as it comes and live through. though it is not easy at all.

a fun fact: i LOVE the smell of tiger balm ๐Ÿ™‚

Welcome to the Forums @eggshell and thank you for sharing your experiences with the community!

It sounds like you have it tough with endometriosis, I have heard it is a lot to cope with from people I have supported. I'm sure you are very resilient and strong with coping with it and your MH. I admire your bravery in being vulnerable with your peers!

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling ok for the past 18 months as experiencing SI can be a challenging place. I'm curious was there anything you would feel comfortable sharing that made you ok?

Tiger balm is good right! We always had it growing up as dad picked it up travelling ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks again for sharing with your peers!

Take care

RiverSeal 

Hi, Iโ€™m Lillipilli and Iโ€™m new to sane. I joined about a month ago, but I was scared to make a post. Iโ€™m 18 years old and Iโ€™ve suffered from psychosis and mental illness that emerged around 7/8 years old. I dropped out in year 10 after a psychotic breakdown, and I am now working towards my certificate IV in community services at TAFE. I donโ€™t speak to people, and have been isolated in my house for most of my life. Iโ€™d like to engage in this platform to try and connect with other people, Iโ€™m involved in similar forums so hopefully this is something I can get the hang of. ๐Ÿ’—๐ŸŒธ

Hey @Lillipilli ,

Welcome to the forums!

From your post, I can see you are a real battler. Well done on working towards your Cert IV! I recognise that battling mental health and education can be very tricky at times. 

What are some things you like doing or you are interested in?

Hi Tyme, 

thank you for your reply. Iโ€™m interested in advocacy and youth work and enjoy topics around it. In terms of hobbies and interests, Iโ€™ve lost a bit with whatโ€™s happened, but I used to read, draw and watch cartoons. I mostly write nowadays. 

What type of things are you into? 

Welcome @Lillipilli . So glad you feel comfortable to make a post. It's a great to hear that you are interested in advocacy. We need more young people like yourself making change ๐Ÿ˜Š. I sit on the local mental health consumer advisory group to do my advocacy....that might be something open to you to apply for at some point if you are interested. 

Hey @Lillipilli , great to hear from you. 

As @Ainjoule mentioned, it great to hear you are interested in advocacy work.

My 'hobbies' are probably a bit different to others. I actually thrive on supporting others. I get more out of, for example, being here on the forums, than I do watching something. 

I find the rhythm and stability of being on the forums so helpful for my mental health and whilst many would ask me to take a break, this IS actually my break.

Besides that, I'm an active aunt for 3 kiddos who live in my pocket pretty much. This lovely weekend, I'll be having 5 monkeys hanging around. I have 2 coming from Sydney for a visit. So there's my weekend for you!

Looking forward to seeing you around @Lillipilli !