Skip to main content

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here ๐Ÿ™‚

Hello. I am dealing with an eating disorder, suicidal thoughts, chronic pain, depression, anxiety, and trying to remain sober from alcohol. I have been waiting on the SANE phone line for over 30 minutes. Is anyone there?

Hey @D1ng0 welcome - I'm sorry to hear that you've been on hold for so long, I totally feel you on how frustrating that can be. We are a slightly different part of the organisation here on the forums, so I can't tell you how long the wait might be - but have faith, someone will get to you when they can. In the meantime, I'm more than happy to sit with you here and chat with you, if it could be helpful for you. Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate, and you don't have to do it all alone - we gotchu ๐Ÿ’œ

Thank you. I appreciate that. I really feel that I need to verbally talk to someone, so I'm still holding. It's been 58 minutes now. Is this normal for SANE or am I just very unlucky?

The main reason I'm reaching out to SANE is because the list of things I'm dealing with is starting to pile up, and I'd like to learn more about how isolated people cope when they are managing several conditions all at once. I feel like I'm just barely keeping my head above water.

I appreciate your support. Any links you could direct me to would be hugely appreciated. I'd like to learn about how others have managed without friends or family to rely on, as that is my situation.

I just reached 1 hour of being on hold. An automated voice told me that nobody will take my call, then hung up. Now I feel much worse.

@D1ng0 oh gosh, I'm so sorry! They do tend to get very busy in the evenings, and unfortunately they also close at 8pm - so up to you if you feel like it's worth trying again or not. 

Here's some alternative lines you can call, they're 24 hours so you can call em any time: 

Lifeline:โ€ฏ13 11 14 orโ€ฏCrisis Chat 

Suicide call back service: 1300 659 467 orโ€ฏonline counselling 

Samaritans: 135 247 

I might make a new thread for us to keep chatting if that's okay with you - just so we're not filling up the welcome thread. I'll tag you there, chat to you soon ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hi all, 40yo guy from WA here. Been struggling with severe depression and anxiety for many many many years now, mainly due to a shit childhood/teens... Still bearing the mental scars from it to this day but I have my beautiful wife to help me through each day...

Hey @Razza1984 ,

Welcome to the forums! It's great to have you with us.

I'm sorry to hear you are bearing the effects of your youth. It sounds so unfair.

At the same time, I'm glad you have such a beautiful wife you can open up to and she helps you through.

We hope you find the connection and belonging you deserve on the forums.

I'll tag some people who you may get to know across the forums

@outlander @Former-Member @Shaz51 @Tranquil_Atoms @Tilz @Zoe7 @Eve7 @Snowie 

We will see you around!

Do you have any hobbies or things you are interested in?

Heya tyme! Thanks heaps for the warm greeting! Muchly appreciated! I'm a massive revhead... (Which guy isn't? Lol) Love my V8 Supercars (Go Chevrolet/Holden/GM) and I'm a dirt track Speedway NUT... LOVE speedway... 

I run my own DJ business as well as freelance for another DJ for extra gigs... It was always my dream through High School to be a DJ and I kind of fell into the game accidentally... But I'll never forget what my Year 10 Science teacher told me after I said I wasn't interested in Science because you don't need the Periodic Table of Elements to be a DJ... Her rather blunt response was "You have the face for a Radio DJ... Noone would see it..." Well screw you cos now I've owned and operated my own Mobile DJ business for 10+ years doing weddings, parties, anything and PLENTY of people have seen this "ugly" mug!!!

Hey there @Razza1984 ๐Ÿ™‚๐ŸŒบ

nice to meet you - Iโ€™m PinkFlamingo (pop an โ€˜@โ€˜ at the start of a handle to tag someone - they will get a message saying youโ€™ve tagged themโ˜บ๏ธ)

nice to hear you like a bit of racing here and there - Iโ€™m also into cars, mostly mechanical aspects of anything and everything. 
I used to have motorbikes and love watching MotoGP ๐Ÿ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜

being a DJ sounds super interesting - I would think youโ€™d travel and meet all sorts of different people! ๐Ÿ™‚

itโ€™s great youโ€™re here - this is a really supportive place, with lots of kindness and friendliness to soften the rough edges when they happen ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป๐ŸŒบ๐Ÿ™‚

I hope you have a good weekend! 
๐Ÿฆฉ

Hi @Razza1984 

Welcome to the Sane forums. So glad that you have found us here. Please feel free to look around and share as much/little as you like.

I can totally understand the shit childhood/teens and suffer from depression and anxiety too.

Looking forward to getting to know you more