Skip to main content

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here πŸ™‚

Hi there,

I am new to this forum but not new to anxiety - just going through a particularly bad patch of it at the moment. It has been an up-and-down ride over the past 10 months and this weekend has been tough. 

this time I wanted to make an effort to reach out to other people who experience this or other mental health issues.while I know other people do experience this stuff it’s good to connect with people who do.

Welcome to the SANE forums @Hyperballad πŸ™‚

We are happy to have you join us and look forward to reading and connecting with your posts (hopefully you feel the same!) πŸ˜›

I too, am no stranger to anxiety and am glad you chose to give the forums a go and connect with others on the matter ...

If your anxiety was a colour today, what would it be?

Mine would be orange, it's my favourite colour and I relate it to feeling 'levelled' this evening.

I would say black because it’s a little heavy and difficult to see through. 

Welcome @Hyperballad . I'm sorry to hear about your anxiety. By connecting with others on the forums, I hope you feel you get some added support for your mental health. Sounds like the anxiety is a bit loud and 'in the way' today - is that fair to day?

Thank you. Yes it’s been tough since Wednesday with something at work triggering my anxiety. I was all good until then haha at least sitting strongly with my anxiety. This weekend (and today especially) has been really tough trying not to spiral. So I have been to the gym and then done a lot of breathing and trying to focus on creating a gentle experience for myself. 

I'm sorry to hear that something at work triggered your anxiety. I'm glad you have found ways to help you feel better such as going to the gym and practising deep breathing. @Hyperballad 

Do you have professional supports or other people you can speak to about what's going on for you?

Also, I'm not sure if you want to go down this path, but looking after your psychological safety is a requirement of workplaces. I'm wondering if you could speak to management about it (if you wanted to)?

What are you up to this evening? 

Thank you for checking @tyme. I do have a therapist once a week. I rebooted that with a new therapist in October last year after several years. I had some ideation and was drinking so I needed to do something.

I’m never quite sure about the place of all this at work but I have used the Employee Assistance Program. I had a group of colleagues who were talking about themselves being on the spectrum (ADHD) suggest I was on the more autism end of the spectrum, which I laughed off but was a little awkward. 

tonight I am just relaxing- I have a candle on, have done some breathing and am listening to some soothing music. 

Also I should say that I don’t really talk to friends much about it and not at all family. My dad attempted suicide just before Christmas so there has been some stuff going on in the family already. 

Some nice self-care strats there @Hyperballad ! I love the thought of having a candle on while listening to soothing music.

Do you find it upsetting that people mention you are ADHD or autistic? 

Hello,

I was diagnosed with Schizo-affective disorder about five years ago now.

I'll admit, this is new to me and I'm not sure what exactly to put here.

But yeah.

Hi everyone?