Skip to main content

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here πŸ™‚

I'm babysitting  I can't do the crying    @Jynx  I just can't handle it  

@Sunnyside226 take some slow, deep breaths hun. How long you babysitting for? Just gotta hold on for a bit then you can take time to release it all when you get a chance.

You got this βœŠπŸ˜Ž

Hi, I'm finding it so hard to navigate through the messages here. Its hard to follow who is following and replying to who. I'm guessing that that's just the nature of it but any tips would be much appreciated!

A couple of days @Jynx  as my brother's partner is going into the hospital  I will have 3 little kids here one is a newborn  i don't know how I'll go  I am already panicking what if it goes bad  what if something happens  

Hey @Pane ,

Thank you for persevering. 

If you want to reply to someone in particular, you can tag them by typing "@" in front of their username. 

This means they will get a notification of your response e.g. @tyme 

Then at the top, if someone replies to you and tags you, you will get a notification at the top right next to your profile. So here, mine says I have 14 new notifications. Once I click on it, I can so to post.

tyme_0-1704266829355.png

Hope this helps.

Hey @Sunnyside226 ,

Do you have any other supports you can lean on at this time? 

I'm hearing how stressful it can be with 3 young kids with you.

Hey @Pane! It can certainly take some time to get used to the layout. We've got some tips & tricks here you could read through.

Basically, there's a bundle of topics within the forum (e.g. Social Spaces, Something's Not Right, etc.) that you can find on the Lived Experience Forums home page. Within those spaces, there are various 'threads' - things members have posted about. You can reply to any thread you like, or create your own with the 'New Discussion' button. When replying to a thread, if you want a member to be notified that you've responded to them, you can tag them using the @ symbol and choosing their name from the drop down (or you can type it out and select it from the list) so it shows up in blue. 

If you have further questions at any point about how it all works, feel free to tag the @moderator in the same way as above, and whichever mod/peer support worker is online will be notified! Remember there are no stupid questions, and the community here are very friendly and would also be very happy to help you out/point you in the right direction! 

Hope you find your way about, keep at it! It'll make more sense as you go πŸ˜

I can tell you care deeply about the kids @Sunnyside226 by how worried you are! In my experience, the ones who are worried about doing a good job end up doing a better job than the ones that don't really care! Kids are surprisingly resilient, and I doubt your brother or his partner would have asked you if they didn't think you could do it. 

If you end up in a kerfuffle, a conundrum, or otherwise find yourself at a loss, there's plenty of parents on here who can help out, so feel free to utilise the forums as a resource if you need to - we got you πŸ’œ

It's not that I'm worried it's more i don't know how it will go  as the little 2 year as behaviours  and the other one runs away at times  having a newborn running after the others is going to be hard  it's only me as my partner is away on a work thing  I have very bad autism  @Jynx   as my mum passed away last year it's been more bad it's just me and my brother   

I'm so sorry to hear about your mum @Sunnyside226 that is so hard.

Sounds like it will probably be a little hectic but I imagine you'll find your feet as you go! Just take it one day at a time, and maybe you can create a bit of routine along the way. Have you got like some instructions or anything that your brother is giving you to help you navigate it all?