Skip to main content

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Melbcoffeesnob, I try all reasonable advice and my determination seems to latch onto things that work. But if you mean drug wise its coffee, nicotine, vitamins, melatonin, etc [medication names removed by moderator]

Hi tyme, thanks for the warm welcome. Considering the dreadful prognosis I got from doctors early on in my illness I am doing wonderfully. I'm living a healthy life and making good financial decisions. Writing helped me overcome the disordered thinking but I tend to be a slow but deep thinker so I'm a bit awkward around people because I can't keep up with a normally paced conversation. I guess social interactions are my challenge at the moment. My mood is generally slightly elevated given normal daily life. Alot of hard work over the last few years is starting to show benefits like gym and gardening and sewing. ( I make Tshirts and do artwork for them to sell).

So financially, physically and mentally I have improved from my pre-diagnosis position. So sometimes I think I could stop taking medication. Because I have control over my mind and emotions and I think that the medications are slowing my mind and actually hampering my efforts at social interaction. SO I tend to want stimulants like nicotine or to stop the medication and see how things go.

Hey there @Anon33 ,

That's so encouraging to hear that you are at a place where you feel you are better than what you have been in the past. I read that you feel you still want some stimulants. I'm curious to know if you feel troubled about wanting nicotine or caffeine etc? 

As for being a slower but deeper thinker, I can see that it MAY affect your ability to interact with others. Yet I'm also wondering if you just need to find your tribe? I have to say that I'm also a slower but deeper thinker, and hence I prefer to write than speak. I feel I can get my message across so much better when I am writing.

As for medication, I acknowledge that you feel you may want to stop medication. I'd encourage you to speak to your treating team about it so that you do what's best for you in the long run.

I remember speaking to my treating team about coming off my medication. I was in such a great place and life was incredible. Yet upon speaking to the team, pretty much it came down to, "If it's not broken, why fix it?"

So yes, I technically can come off my meds, but I feel that it might upset the equilibrium. 

Go slow and I wish you all the best. I look forward to seeing you around on the forums!

Hi Im Tilz . Im really happy to participate in  this and  Its my first time in a forum like this. Love to work for this

Hey @Tilz and @Anon33 Welcome

and @Sunnyside226 and @Shiki @KRoe17 

@warrendiyanay  @Pane 

@Shadow77 

@LiamD Sounds like you have reflected and have insight.

@hazelalexandra grief is difficult

I just realise there was not many replies so I am tagging new people...hope you are not bothered by being tagged... but feel included ... that is my hope.  Not meaning to be too brief, but just acknowledging a little and hope you all find people on here and make the forum happen for you.

There are social threads and you can always start your own threads.

this is a post with tips... that may help you negotiate the forums.

https://saneforums.org/t5/Welcome-getting-started/Forums-how-to-general-tips-and-tricks/m-p/1155929

and any others on this thread who may feel overlooked.  I dont check this thread often, and sometimes the forums are quiet. 

Hello @CharlieLane and @JustMe007 @NotTheRealAlice 

Welcome to the forum.  I hope you all find a good place to express yourself and find support.  Sometimes it is just camraderie, sometimes it is ideas to help with a particular issue, but the forum has helped me a lot over the years.  Good Luck for 2024.

I'm so stupid 

Hey @Sunnyside226 I'm sure that's not true, what's happening for you? 

Being yelled at by my ex partner because I didn't do something   I'm so so stupid  I wish I wasn't here i tried to make them happy  I am sitting in my room crying  I am so stupid 

Sounds super rough @Sunnyside226 I'm sorry that your ex isn't giving you any grace or being understanding. We all make mistakes, and it sounds like your actions were coming from a good place. You don't deserve to be yelled at, no matter what you've done, or not done. Is there something nice you can do for yourself this afternoon?