Skip to main content

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here πŸ™‚

Hi everyone, it's lovely to read all the supportive and welcoming threads. Thank you for creating this community.

I have always struggled with bulimia, enxiety and ptsd from my childhood traumas. Sometimes it's under control but now I'm back to it. I saw counsels and been on medication, but it's made it worse. I'm tired of unpacking all the past every time I try and get better, it's too painful and too expensive. 

I guess I just want to see if I can just lower the symptoms myself with people that understand the condition.  

I'm Russian, it's so shameful in our culture to be weak, so I don't talk about it with anyone.

Thanks for reading 

@Anna_v welcome to the forums, so glad to hear you've found it to be a supportive community so far! 

Sounds like you've had quite the journey, and I'm really glad you found us. It can definitely be painful unpacking the past, and if not done with the right support it can indeed leave us feeling like recovery is out of reach. I hope you find this to be a safe space to explore/share your experiences and hopefully pick up some helpful ideas from others.

We've got some tips & tricks here, and of course do reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns πŸ˜Š

Thank you for the welcome πŸ™ 

Hi, I’m new here and never really thought of joining something like this but hey I guess here I am. 
not really sure what to write but I’m C and going through some stuff like everyone. I’ve reached out for support in many different avenues and honestly haven’t found the right thing for me yet. 
we all gotta start somewhere so that’s why I’m here. Thanks for reading πŸ‘‹

Hi never done Forums before so completely lost! Can't even work out how to Post. Hopefully this works? I have C-PTSD and DID. I would very much like to join the live Forum tonight and ongoing, but cannot work out how to join in! If anyone can help point me in the right direction, we would be most grateful. Thanks  

Hi @Cali_Rose 

Welcome! well your first post worked, yay!!! 

I'm going tag two poeple who know more about tonight's group @TideisTurning and @amber22 

If you want to tag someone you just type the '@' symbol and a drop down box will appear and you can click on the member's name.

Hope that helps!

Hanami

Hi there @Cali_Rose & welcome! 
We'd love to have you join a Peer Group Chat. This is on a separate platform to forums, known as Chatwee. More about tonight's Chat is here, and I have also attached some step-by-step instructions in case this might be helpful for you πŸ˜Š Hope to see you there!

Thanks. I will try my best to join in tonight. 

Hi there,

My name is Alison (Al for short), and I have just come across the wonderful services SANE has to offer after my recent discharge from hospital. I was admitted to a psychiatric hospital for 3 months and got out about a week ago. During my admission, I trialled lots of medications and had ECT. My diagnoses are PTSD and major depressive disorder. I'm also a self-harmer and have frequent thoughts of suicide, which are probably the most distressing bits of my illness. Whilst they're a bit more under control now than they were before I went to hospital, the thoughts and urges still come up, so it's still something I need to work on.

While I was in hospital, I also started to come to terms with some stuff around my gender - I identify as non-binary, and have discovered quite a few of my previous issues have their roots in gender dysphoria (even if gender dysphoria wasn't necessarily the cause of the issue - it's complex). I'm excited to think about the possibilities and what the future holds with my new gender identity, but I also know there's lots of changes to come, and I'm very anxious about coming out.

I'm looking forward to seeing what support this forum can give me, and chatting with like-minded people who "get" it.