Skip to main content

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here ๐Ÿ™‚

Morning @Guanyin and welcome to the Forums! I'm really sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties in your relationship, that can be really hard ๐Ÿ’™

There are many forum members living with BPD so I thought I'd link you to a thread you might find helpful:
https://saneforums.org/t5/Our-stories/Raising-Awareness-of-BPD-Flipping-the-Script/td-p/948488

When it comes to your language skills, I'm super impressed! Learning languages is something I struggle with (don't really make it past the Duolingo app!) so I'm always in awe of those who can. I believe learning languages and music studies are similar, so I'm wondering whether your talent stretches to a musical instrument? 

Afternoon @ocean and a big welcome to the forums!

I love your choice of member name, and I'm surprised you were able to nab that one as you'd think out of many thousands of members that would have been snapped up ๐Ÿ˜Š

I can relate to struggles with anxiety, and the ups and downs that come along with it, as can many in the SANE community. It's great to hear that you've been able to make contact with a new doctor/therapist and I trust that the CBT program will be really beneficial to your recovery. I hope you're able to gently with yourself at the moment as starting out with new therapists/programs can be hard work.

From the little I know about ADHD diagnoses, I believe it isn't uncommon to receive a diagnosis later in life. That said, if it turns out you have had ADHD all these years then the upside is you'll now be able to receive support and plan for managing the symptoms. One step at a time ๐Ÿ’œ

I hope you find the Forums community to be a safe and supportive place, and if you need a hand please don't hesitate to tag me or one of the other peer support workers like this @Former-Member @Paperdaisy @hanami @tyme or a moderator @moderator.

I'll look forward to seeing you around the forums ๐Ÿ˜Š

Rhye โ˜˜๏ธ

I signed on ages ago and probably why I was able to get that username , Iโ€™m
The same with my personal email Iโ€™ve been told too (not ocean related ). Thank you for the welcome and response ,much appreciated.

Thanks for the welcome. I have just joined and looking to get involved in some paid work as a consultant in lived experience work so any information would be most welcome

it is liberating to realise this

Im not surprised to hear you say this.

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here ๐Ÿ™‚hey I'm jimbo2great to be a apart of this.I suffer from anx. and dep.am on meds have been for fears

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here ๐Ÿ™‚hey I'm jimbo2great to be a apart of this.I suffer from anx. and dep.am on meds have been for fears

Hello and welcome @Jimbo2 , @MLE , @ocean , @Daisydreamer , @Former-Member ๐Ÿ˜€โคโค

Hello, I'm seachickens and new here. I have DTD or C-PTSD, depending on how you classify. I used to attend an in person peer support group. It was wonderful and I really improved in managing my symptoms. Unfortunately covid has meant that the group is no longer meeting. I have an amazing wife who is walking her own journey with mental ill health and we support each other as much as we are able to. Looking forward to sharing the journey here. Thank you for putting together this resource. 

Welcome @Seachickens! It's good to have you here ๐Ÿ˜Š

That in-person peer support group sounds like an amazing experience- I'd be curious to hear some of the things you learned, if you're open to sharing?

It's also an interesting username you have! I'm curious is there's a particular story or meaning behind that?