Skip to main content

Re: New here

Hey @Thilini 

I know you had work tonight, do you have work Sunday night?....we also have a Peer Group Chat then as well in case you are interested in joining. Otherwise, plenty of time to chat in the forums. Do you have any pets?  

Hi @Thilini 

I too have had a recent schizophrenia diagnosis,

It does feel isolating and lonely at times. Symptoms themselves can be scary with unknown causes. I’m finding people have a stigma related to the schizophrenia label (people have misconceptions about what it means and either get scared of you, they don’t know what to say to someone with a serious mental health condition, they just don’t like talking about the subject of mental health, or they find it too draining).

I’ve just recently joined the forums so I’m learning the options available.

i had a good psychologist for a long time who I found some benefits and learned some strategies to deal with symptoms. I also found talking about it helps to debunk irrational or delusional thinking.

I’m also here because I started finding benefits to reading peoples’ experiences with the condition. I wanted to make it a 2-way conversation.

I did something stupid. I emailed my ex boyfriend and told him I'm sick. Now I feel embarrassed 

Hi,

I was diagnosed with schizophrenia in 2009, and have been medicated ever since. My television was watching me, head sounded like a radio station and there seemed no relief.

it takes time but mostly the radio is quiet, and I can watch television again. I thank the psychiatrist that I eventually met for assisting me, and a second one later that altered my medication to something less sleep inducing. 

there is life on the other side, but it can be isolating which is what attracted me to SANE.

Thanks for joining the conversation