Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Re: Understanding psychosis

oh, and would there be any point in trying to get my 14yr old to read this?

that's my biggest concern at the moment, the amount of damage my husbands' behaviour is having on our son....
Former-Member
Not applicable

@TheGreatestStar I do not know the answers to those questions, these are my thoughts but perhaps asking a health professional might be useful.

Not sure if reading an article at this point would be helpful for your husband,  would he be amenable to addressing any stress he may be feeling  without  personal mention of his delusions (that is a known cause of psychosis.)  Challenging the psychotic thoughts is like arguing with someone who has dementia.

With regard to your son, you know his maturity levels but some explanation would likely be helpful.

My husband had some delusions (quite different to what you are experiencing), he no longer experiences these  but there are residual symptoms. He is on a DSP which helped us financially, not a great lot of $$ due to my income initially but discounts really helpful.

thanks @Former-Member Heart

what is a DSP?  since I may need to look into financial relief/help at this point.....

Former-Member
Not applicable

It is the disability support pension @TheGreatestStar 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Talita first post in discussion thread may be of help to you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance