Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // How to build a safety plan with a loved one // 24 Oct. 7pm AEDT

Welcome @Former-Member & @liveforlife
@liveforlife - does your teenager have a safety plan or did you come here tonight to learn more?

Re: Topic Tuesday // How to build a safety plan with a loved one // 24 Oct. 7pm AEDT

@Former-Member - do you find it comprehensive enough? Would you add anything else?

Great one @KF1969 - adding in a section about medication,

Sorry does it have a space for medications/dose/allergies?

Do you have a template of a plan in the case of a relapse?

Hi @Misty2 - I think that's a really good point. How can someone engage with their safety plan if they don't know they are unwell.

@Misty2 - do they have insight when they are well?

@NikNikno I find it comprehensive enough for my situation, but everyone is different and it might not be comprehensive enough for someone else.

I would probably not express to someone in my real life that I am having these thoughts at the start, so by being able to start my safety plan myself or without someone noticing is important to me. And that doesn't mean I wouldn't get help because I do reach out for help, but not at the start.

No it doesn't seem so @KF1969 - but that doesn't stop you from adding that to a safety plan

I think there is a bit of a cross over between safety and relapse prevention, depending on diagnosis and particularly where there is a prodromal period (a noticeable period where symptoms appear indicating a relapse is imminent).

That's really awesome @Former-Member thanks for sharing that!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance