Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Healthy Minds Webcast Series // RUOK? Communicating with a loved one who is unwell // Now live!

A huge thank you to everyone who tuned in tonight.

You're welcome to continue the conversation here or head on over to the rest of the forums - share your expeirences, respond to others and get involved.

🙂 🙂

Re: Healthy Minds Webcast Series // RUOK? Communicating with a loved one who is unwell // Now live!

Thanks for that. It is a tricky one. I am trying to find the balance between being his sister and letting him be as independent as he can be and on the other hand being his carer. I think that letting the professionals handle it might be the best idea. I might even get him to check out the forum you mentioned. I just see so much potiential in him and if he get the right treatment he could really go places. I think you have really helped in just a few sentences help to get my head in the right place and thanks for the changing minds links. When I have time I'll have to watch it.

Also there was a carers book mentioned in the webniar can you please give the title of it?

That's awesome @vmainard40 and you can use this community along the way to check in and ask for advice or share your experiences for others to learn from.

In the Lived Experiece forum there are a lot of different perspectives on ECT - good & bad.

Here is one to start with written by someone one year after ECT - http://saneforums.org/t5/Our-experience-stories/1-year-on-from-ECT/m-p/47789/highlight/true#M9238

Hi @vmainard40

I just realised I missed your question about the book. The two books mentioned during the webinar were -

Wings of Madness - Jo Buchanan

Changing Minds: The go-to guide to mental health for you, family and friends - Dr Mark Cross

Both great books!

Re: Healthy Minds Webcast Series // RUOK? Communicating with a loved one who is unwell // Now live

Thanks for that. Going to try and find these books online.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance