Skip to main content

Re: not coping

@outlander, I hope you can rest up and do restorative things for yourself this afternoon and I hope the rest comes back neg by the end of the week. I remember having covid, it was awful. I think particularly hard for those who have chronic pain. What are some thing you can do for yourself this afternoon?

I’m not up to much, trying to stay cool, it’s hot in Melbourne again. I did some uni stuff in the morning, but still have a lot to go. Brain fog is hard.

Hi @PizzaMondo, I hope you are doing well this afternoon 🙂

thanks @pizzamonda but its been over a week in iso as pop had it first but only mild symptoms but still couldnt attend work or appts and now have ahad to move things againa nd take another week off work. im ready to be well and back at work now but my body is def saying no not yet

Ahh, I hear you @outlander - I know that spending time in isolation can sometimes not be fun, especially when you're ready to be well and get back to normalcy!

I hope your pop is doing alright now, sometimes these symptoms can linger a little longer in some of us - I take it as a sign to just rest a little longer. Are you much of a reader or perhaps enjoy TV shows/movies? There's some fab things out there at the moment to pass some time 😛

i hope so @creative_writer theres been alot of social media scrolling, movies, scrapbooking, crocheting and cleaning! because i wasnt sick last week but in iso i deep cleaned the linen closet, pops room, the pantry fridge and freezer and the kitchen cupboards where the plates etc are.

my pop and i are going to go spend some time outdoors with my horses this arvo. i think we both need some outside time and fresh air. weve had the house well ventilated but its always so hot inhere. its even worse when you have the chills! my skin so cold but man so sweaty. this will be my second shower of the day but at least no vomiting now and i can breathe a little more today.

urgh brain fog sucks. im struggling through the tafe assignments! im finally down to my last role play and written report to go with the role play. i think thatll be enough study for me for a little while!

i have watched so many things @pizzamonda

just yesterday i watched the twilight series, the hunger game series, finished watching the final season of criminal minds lol and that was just yesterday.

today ive started watched a series called awkward. and i have 2 seasons left of malcolm in the middle to watch

today pop and i wach jack the giant slayer, the maze runner, jumanji one and 2 but ill go watch my own movies now and have a shower. ill prob be asleep early again as not really sleeping well atm with o many symptoms. itll be good when some symptoms clear up so i can at least get some sleep more then 20 minutes at a time

@outlander, it does sound like you got a lot done last week! If you don’t have anything pressing to do right now, I think it’s perfectly reasonable to take some time off. I didn’t know you had horses, that’s so cool. Horses are so beautiful and can help you regulate. My psych does equine therapy.

I hope you find the shower refreshing and soothing.

I totally feel you with studying and brain fog. My brain fried itself over the rough patch, heightened emotions plus migraines can leave a hangover. I would say nothing wrong with taking a break, you’ve gotten plenty done considering who you have been feeling today

WOW, you have watched so many awesome things this past week @outlander 😛

I know criminal minds is veryyyy long, so you had a quick turnaround it seems! How did you enjoy awkward? I've been rewatching all the twilights lately with my partner, he's never seen any!

Love Jumanji, always eanted the real board game.. but I've got a version from K-mart for now, ha!

I hope that your shower is soothing and that symptoms do clear up soon, because I know when you have interrupted sleep, you feel more unwell and often irritated too.. wishing you all the best!
Former-Member
Not applicable

Sounds nice @outlander 🙂

That sounds like a very nice thing to do while recovering - I hope you both enjoy seeing the horses and being out in the air 🙂💜🌺

i use to help with equine therapy @creative_writer mostly autistic children and those with severe mh issues but theyve moved and took their company with them so i dont do that anymore.
i dont really enjoy the horses anmore. i dont really want the ones i have well they arent mine they are families but they cant be bothered to look after them so theyre dumped on me along with their expenses

yeah i understand migraines. i get those alot too but thankfully my medications for them hve been working and theyve reduced abit more

@PizzaMondo ive been watching criminal minds series since like october lol but i finially finished the last of the season. the final season was such a let down.