Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Struggling

That is great to hear you are cherishing the good days @M221067. How have you been spending the weekend?

If you haven't already, you might also like to read this quick guide to self-care. Thinking of you.

Hi Darcy

I have just found this site and joined the forum.  "Struggling" described what I'm feeling right now about my own adult daughter who is living with me and actually I have no support network at all in the town where I am currently living. She has been mentally unwell for quite some time and I have battled to understand it all.  The way I'm being treated is the worst, when I am doing everything I can to help and support, but am also only human!  I have kept this hidden (to protect her) from all family and what little friends I have left (actually only an acqaintance or two!).  Can you perhaps also tag me in the thread you mentioned please?    Thanks so much!  

Hi

So sorry to hear about what you've gone through.  I'm struggling too.  I don't understand most of this but trying to educate myself.  Being treated badly is the worst, especially when you are basically just existing to be there in support of your loved one.  I try hard not to react and succeed often but sometimes I can't help myself from occasionally raising my voice (I have feelings too!). Then I am left feeling guilty again and apologising (something that only ever goes in one direction).  I hope things are going better for you. I also hope to get some info and support through this group which I just discovered.  

Hi @Drifting13,

Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear you are struggling too – looking after a loved one can be challenging and bring up many feelings of guilt and frustration, and we understand how tough it is. Others have said reaching out here for information and support is invaluable for them. You might like to start by introducing yourself in the welcome thread here. Look forward to reading more of your story.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance