Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Staying Safe

How did things go Thursday @WinterSun

Hi @Former-Member

As expected he is changing mood stabiliser but still remains on 4 meds.
The 0 motivation is hard to get through. GP said concoction of meds would not be helping bombing him out.
Thanks for asking.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Keeping you in thoughts ... take care @WinterSun
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @WinterSun
Checking in to see how you are going.
Darcy

Hi @Former-Member

Son now has motivation kicked in within a few days of med change.
We are a bit on the "high side" of things but ok and at least the is out of bed.
He is chasing down a job again.
We have completed a month of compulsory waiting and will have access to private hospital when two months are completed. This is only possible as my husband and I are making this investment in his health.
He is still very reluctant to tackle day to day issues and has no idea about budgeting running up his fines and phone bill. We need to step carefully still prone to irritability but t we are working on making him accountable for his actions and keeping his word.
Accessing help has been difficult and after a challenging time and being frustrated I sent a letter to our local community mental health and their executive including how we are currently stuck and how he is getting jobs not keeping them and cut out because he is not considered bad enough for a case worker. I received a reply and was offered an assessment of my son and they felt hurt would be able to assist in support to hold down a job. Currently trying to plant this idea in my sons mind.
We are moving slowly but at least feel we are going forward and finally have the option of support.
Thanks for following up with me, I really appreciate it.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Good news @WinterSun the path of MI is rarely smooth, hoping things continue to move forward.

Hello @WinterSun
Checking in to see how you are going.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@WinterSun
How did you go this week?

@Former-Member

Son has started working in a new job. He has a long commute but dr said it’s his choice so we’ll see how it goes.
We have now completed two month wait to access private hospital which is a relief to have that option if required.
We have stated that if the job should end for whatever reason that he will have the choice of an assessment with Community Health or private hospital admission for monitoring and help.
I now have a helpful contact in Community Health who said that an assessment would need to be completed but help could be given to support him in keeping a job. This has only been possible since an email I sent to the management of our local health department.
Little steps forward but at least it’s forward.
Thanks for keeping contact.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Things starting to turn, hopefully for the better @WinterSun.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance