Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Public

Nothing really has been sorted out. I spoke to the mental health line last night and two case workers came out today. They said that they were going to talk to a dr in the local area health for a review of everything. They know I'm still looking for a GP and new psych. I don't want to go through them again because they have let me down in the past. I am linked in with a service who are helping me find a GP but it's taking time. I had an appointment with a psychologist two days ago I couldn't get up to go to it. I just lay in bed all day. Time isn't giving me any answers. If I had of wanted to go through them I would of gone to them to begin with. I have only ever been let down. I'm not a fully functioning human being. What choice do I have?

8 REPLIES 8
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Public

I'm not sure what is going to happen because I don't want to go through the local area health because they have let me down in the past in fact both sides have. Maybe I'm just not meant to have a life.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Because of them ?
Former-Member
Not applicable

I went to hospital a few months ago so why didn't they sort it out then? They just pushed me back onto someone else. And it's taken more time for the same outcome.
Former-Member
Not applicable

My life is a joke. I do nothing. I know it's my fault. I have no willpower to get better. It's my fault I know that. I'm not sure why this is happening. I was let down by them when I was a teenager and was first diagnosed. I know it's all my fault. This has taken a huge toll on everyone around me. I have no friends and the people in the house hate me because of my moods. My mum is still sick. i called the hotline last night and the first try I got hung up on and the second to ring back. I'm aware I am the only person who can get myself better but I have no willpower to
Former-Member
Not applicable

It is hard to see the forest through the trees, and try get help from a lame system, but its all we got. There's been a shift to Client Directed Care & not being up to apts looks like you're not willing. Its hard to be persistent when ya so tired. Winter is a difficult time of year too. Give them another chance, and another if necessary. Calmly tell them how you feel, what you don't understand.
Of cause ya meant to be here, or you wouldn't be. Look after your nutrition - Cook up veggie soups with soup bone, freez portions.
Watch some comedies.
Be kind to yourself.
Spring is round the corner 🙂
Former-Member
Not applicable

Not sure what I have left. I have some hope but it always gets pushed out of the way whenever I try. I just want to start again.
Former-Member
Not applicable

I'm not trying to sound selfish or holier than thou either. In two months time will be a year since my accident which caused this replase. It's been a long and tiring journey for everyone.
utopia
Senior Contributor

@Former-Member. Keep in there. Keep fighting. Try the service again. You may get a different worker, one who will listen to you and be a huge help.
At the moment you are down & lack motivation. That is part of the depression. People have let you down in the past. Fight. And keep fighting. Say one good thing about yourself & your day. It could be - I got out of bed and made myself dinner. Congratulate yourself for these victories. Soon you will have more.
Sending you my best wishes.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance