Skip to main content

Re: The Weekly Friday Feast

And does anyone else have a recommendation for television series or good movies??

Hi @CherryBomb
I make pumpkin soup with chili flakes and a bit of sweet potato changes the flavour. My favourite version is roast butternut and pinenut soup..a good stock is key to flavour.. I use massel veg stick or chicken stock. I use powder, cubes or liquid depends what's in the pantry 🙂

Hi Everyone,

i am new to this, so i hope i don't embarrase myself, i hahd chicken and mushroom soup. it is raining where i am and their is nothing like a nice warm soup Smiley Happy

Jacques

I open the book to the middle and read a bit usually. 

Work, stress, psychologist, sleep. I've totally mastered sleep!! Had a physio appointment today. I need to start stretching and doing more activity. I have a fitness game on Xbox Kinect I will have to try again. I wasn't any good with it when I first got it as I was too sore and gave up. And gym or group fitness isn't really an option for me...

hi @CherryBomb

a good movie/documentary i have watched recently is a "life in a day" it is on youtube, it is so interesting to see what others were doing on one day, here is the link if anyone is interested https://www.youtube.com/user/lifeinaday i love watching things i can learn from.  the only TV series i watch is Vikings, very violent but the internal polotics draws me in.

Jacques

Welcome @Jacques, so glad you could make it! It is definitely soup season. We've just been having a bit of discussion about books, and sharing what we've been up to over the week. Feel free to jump in at any tme or simply 'pull up a chair' and listen. Can I get you drink?

@Crazy_Bug_Lady what sort of x-box games are you using? There's some good yoga sessions on the internet that might be worth checking out.

@Alessandra1992, never tried chilll flakes or pine nuts. I use sweet potatoes in mine too. Do you blend your soup?

well i am reading Clive Cussler Dragon, i have read about 7 of his books. they are good, and i am reading some Social and computer engineering books, but i will not bore you with these, lol

@Jacques what genre is 'Dragon' - is it fantasy? I ask because we got a few fantasy goers here @Crazy_Bug_Lady @Former-Member

Just looked up the link that @Jacques posted. Looks great right up my alley.  Will watch it over the weekend. Smiley Very Happy

Telly-wise, I've just finished watching Hannibal. That was... gory... I also watched a bit of In The Flesh. Interesting take on the usual Zombie shows.

I haven't been on the Xbox in forever. I stopped when I first started getting v.depressed a few years ago... I have games like Fable and that, love the fact you can chose good or bad, that your actions can make a difference. I also got a game called "Your Fitness". It guides you through basic workouts and yoga etc, using the Kinect to 'see' you. But it starts telling you off if you're not doing the excersises right, and as my back was bad (and I'm overweight and inflexible) it never stopped telling me off, which makes it hard to keep the motivation. Hopefully this time is better though, I gave it a shot today, and I can actually do enough to keep up. 😛

Hannibal? Is that on tv or do I need to hire it? I'm a fan of Zombie shows. I love Walking Dead - did you get into it?

I hope 'Your Fitness' doesn't' tell you off. I guess the good thing about it is, you can actually turn it off unlike a real life instructor. Smiley Very Happy