Skip to main content

Re: Saturday Soiree - all welcome!!

@Shaz51 No, it hasn't. My NDIS worker that is going with me tonight (hopefully anyway) texted me to say that part one of the major roads going in there is flooded, so we are going to have to see if we can get around that. I did look up Vivid, they say it's on rain, hail, shine so that is good...just have to see if the cruise is still running, because I don't think I can walk around too much with my back. I'm going to take a poncho and umbrella, lol. 

Sorry and hugs @Ainjoule ❤️

Do you have a sore back xx 

I have kidney disease ( born with only one kidney) 19 % function with lots of complications 

Good afternoon @Shaz51 and other forumites joining here today. I hope your Saturday has gone well for you. Thanks for restarting this thread @Shaz51 - great idea! 

Today, I’ve had a relatively easy day with doing some knitting of rectangles for a blanket, watching the horse races on TV and reading a book titled ‘Table for Eight by Tricia Stringer which is based on a cruise ship holiday and I’m really enjoying it. I’ve had some trouble with motivation lately so I’ve made it a goal to read my book for an hour each day and so far, it’s been achieved. I used to like reading as a kid but lost the interest as I grew older so it’s nice to be able to get back into this hobby once again. I’m also interested in this book as recommended by my sister as I’ve got a cruise holiday planned at the end of September so it’s nice to be able to get an idea of what it’s like on board a cruise ship in regards to activities and food options. 

Take care.

Judi9877☺️

How lovely @Judi9877 

How many days is the cruise ? 

That is interesting about making a routine to reading,  I should try that as I don't read much anymore xx

Hey @Shaz51 

I'm sorry to hear about your kidney disease, that must be really tough. Thinking of you.

As for my back, I acquired a spinal injury some years back. I was really lucky, it's an incomplete spinal cord injury....which means I was able to get back to walking after it. I still get chronic back pain. I wanted to go see Vivid but the walking would be too much with the crowds and no where to sit down so I booked a cruise. Anyways I better go get ready to see if we can get there, lol. 

I have my fingers crossed 🤞 for you @Ainjoule and enjoy if you are there 

Thank you for the chat and see 👀 you again next time ❤️

@Shaz51 Vivid got cancelled due to the severe weather conditions...so I'm back home. Oh well, next year. 

Ohh @Ainjoule , do you get a refund 🤔 

You home to cook dinner now or you having takeaways xx

Bet your darling furbaby is happy to see you 

Not sure @Shaz51 

When we got there it looked like the cruise was going ahead....but I had gone to sit down while we waited, and so we were at the back of the line...between the lightening and the fact that we were probably going to have to stand (possibly in the rain) we decided not to get on. So, I don't know if we will get a refund. Fortunately, we got the tickets on groupon so the price wasn't that bad.  

Yeah, my furbaby is happy to see me, she is freaking out due to the storms. 

I had take away while I was there Gozleme....what are you having for dinner?

We had steakette and mashed potatoes and vegetables @Ainjoule 

8 pm here and watching Yorkshire vet 

Thinking of having a cuppa coffee 🤔 

You like tea or coffee? 

Just asking when is your birthday 🎂