Skip to main content

Re: Saturday Soiree - all welcome!!

No, @BlueBells, there was an 'angel' who told Mary that she would bear Jesus. Michael the archangel, Gabriel, Raphael. Personally, I see angels as having wings, however, does it say that they had wings in the bible, or has art influence our perceptions? Anyway, I don't believe in winged angels. 'Spirits' may be a presence—it depends on the person describing.

I saw an interesting YouTube video with an academic who recognized that elements of the bible were plagiarised from myth. Quite a number have drawn the same conclusion. There was a linked story of walking on water, feeding the masses etc. Many have researched this and say, credibly, that much is plagiarised. 

@Historylover

ahhh, you are much more learned that I.

But, do you consider Hells Angels a religious group? lol.

All a matter of interpretation, but don't let yourself become as 'closed' as you accuse "religious people" of being .

Loosen up and look at things with a more open mind.

@Historylover

It is an interesting topic indeed. It's impossible to prove or disprove, because although some people have / do see ghosts, angels , apparitions etc, it is still an area that is up to individual interpretation.

So long as discussions can be open, and no one "pushing their own barrow", it can make for a lot of sharing of information.

What I find interesting is a religious person saying they believe in angels and then disbelieving a person who says they have seen an angel. Hypocrisy?

For some time I've noticed things are a bit quiet on a Saturday, especially in the evening.  So this will be a social gathering for all forumites and hopefully a place to relax and meet friends.   It's also a place where you can talk about whatever's going on for you at the moment, safely, and find support.

If you want to bring something to eat or drink that would be welcome, whatever makes you happy.

Actually that may be a good place to start - jump in anywhere and let us know one thing that makes you happy - currently or over time.

Really looking forward to finding a posse to hang with on a Saturday.

89275-Have-A-Great-Saturday.jpg

@MattMan87 , @Ainjoule , @RocketGalaxy , @D1ng0 , @SmilingGecko , @Appleblossom , @Historylover , @Sunnyside226 , @Former-Member , @Healandlove , @Krishna , @Jacques , @Ilovepenguins 

hello @Kettle1 , @greenpea , @SmilingGecko how are you going today xx

Hey @Shaz51 

Thanks for the tag. I learnt a new word from your post, hadn't heard the word forumites before but looked it up and there you go. My dog makes me happy....I do most things with her, she sleeps in my bed with me, probably a little spoiled but you know. She took one look at the rain this morning and didn't want to get her paws wet. 

What kind of furbaby have you got @Ainjoule 😊

Very wet up here too , I don't blame her for not wanting to get her paws wet 

@Shaz51 She's a Chihuahua, weighs 2kgs soaking wet. Very cute....loves people, but not so keen on other dogs....small dog syndrome. She is the light of my life. At first when I got her I was overwhelmed with the responsibility but I quickly got to being enamoured with her. I have had her 7 years now, since she was 3. We recently had her 10th birthday, we threw her a party and I went and picked up a specially made dog cake....it was great. I didn't she would eat the cake, but she loved it. So did the other 5 dogs who came to her party, lol. Do you have any pets @Shaz51 ?