Skip to main content

Re: Saturday Soiree - all welcome!!

yes its sunday ,well get help if you need to I guess @StanD 

im going to get a bathtub. my bathroom will fit it, would have to pull out shower screen and silly kiddy 1 metre square bout 300mm high 'half bath'  was going to put bath in laundry, but washing machine has taken most of space. I started researching stock troughs, they are huge and and 1/3 to 1/2 cost of a bath tub lol, theres room in the kitchen, could just run hoses from laundry lol or even do it outside, just put shade cloth screen up lol

Ohh the rain has stopped for a minute @StanD 

Yes , lovely green frogs 🐸 😍 

And we found a snake skin 12 foot long on our patio 🐉

@Historylover , @Appleblossom , @TAB 

I worked with a guy who lived on the SA/VIC border near Mildura many years ago @Shaz51  used to be tiger snakes everywhere as they love water. This guy said they'd sit on back verandah shooting snakes with shotguns lol. I cant bear snakes.

Hey @Appleblossom, how are you? I'm investigating all manner of YouTube videos at the moment. It's keeping me busy. 

Rather cold, isn't it? My feet are freezing even in my woolly boots.

I hope you're doing alright.

Living sounds to be something of an adventure where you live, @Shaz51, with crocs and snakes. Not for the faint hearted!

Heya @TAB I already knew you would have bath plans for the future. Good thinking. Stock troughs? Stranger ideas have probably become mainstream at some point. Oh those half baths are a bummer. Better than no bath & I'm short so I can kind of deal with them. I feel like the person who invented them was kind of an a**hole.

I have been getting tremendous help - all things considered, with broken MH systems, etc etc etc. ...

& I have you (roomie)

& about 1000 other people here in the forums - too many to mention. 

I actually said to one of my counselors, I wonder if the best 'therapy' is life? 

Friends & support are critical. I have used the crisis lines in the past & these forums; help comes in mysterious ways🥸

Uber driver helped me more than my professional supports one time.

Waiting on NDIS. I will be getting around 8 hours per week of various activities, & help with cleaning, organising disaster house etc. Then I get added professional supports, speech & occ therapy. I am new to NDIS. So far, it's been more annoying than help. I like the idea that they try to set you up for future goals, & I'm appreciative & excited to see how it goes. But, so far it has been 'disorganised' & that makes me lose enthusiasm. 

I've forgotten what my point was. 

... a 🏠 where you go & people don't 👀 you ...

Lols

Wonderful find @Shaz51 with the snake skin. I'm not sure, I'm thinking it's a really lucky sign 🍀 Snakes are scary. (& deadly) ... & cold blooded.... What If? 

they are misunderstood.

They are only animals.

Chillin' 

xx 

Have good Sunday night (thx TAB) all 🧜🧜🧜

https://youtu.be/4Een8dDpF6g

I'm l;ost.but in mostly good way. Enjoy @StanD  lol

https://youtu.be/q13EUUsIsFE

https://youtu.be/VB_HVCmrFTI

..Happy Sunday...........................................😺

Free were an English rock band formed in London in 1968, best known for their 1970 signature song "All Right Now". They disbanded in 1973 and lead singer Paul Rodgers went on to become a frontman of the band Bad Company along with Simon Kirke on drums. Lead guitarist Paul Kossoff formed Back ...
selfmade clip - enjoy it!. Song from the Heartbreaker album! Free were an English rock band, formed in London in 1968, best known for their signature song "All Right Now". Lead singer Paul Rodgers went on to become lead singer of the rock band Bad Company along with Simon Kirke on drums. Lead ...

Yarrr @TAB 

@Historylover It has been cold and sitting still inside does not help.  Better do exercises and get my blood flowing.  Youtube can be great.  I spend time on it and then drop it.  Watched Utopia on iview last night.  Not a regular tv watcher ever... just forget to look .... a couple of times per month if that.  (I was upset once, by a Local Area Co-ordinator who implied I just sit around and watch tv all the time.)  My music friends mentioned Utopia on weekend and I checked.  Had mixed feelings.  Yes it did make me laugh out loud here and there ... but it is scarily similar to what I feel about the mental health system ... and not so amusing dealing with incompetence.

Another cold day today, @Appleblossom. Two more weeks and we'll be half-way through the coldest weather, thankfully. I always long for the cold when we are reeling from the heat, but I guess that's the way we are.

As for tv viewing, I'm one for Jeopardy, even though the lovely host died some time ago and they are all repeats, and Mastermind. Movies—not so much, unless it's light viewing. I used to watcThe Drum, but I got sick of listening to others' points of view which seemed to suggest they knew it all.

As for YouTubing, I've been watching an array of 'looking for the meaning of life' videos, and the fusion of 'religious' content has me more bewildered than ever.

Where on earth does one go for like souls in the mix of temples and beliefs?