Skip to main content

Re: The Art of Reframing - Back by popular demand!

Thanks everyone, I do feel that with my mental health issues it's going to be very difficult to form relationships with people, I don't have difficulty forming friendships because I'm quite likeable, but people usually don't understand people with schizophrenia, and they're definitely challenged in trying to understand people who've also got complex mental health issues, particularly when those issues are due to the type of defamation I've been put through. 

The woman I'm in love with is a good person, and she has feelings for me, she's just daunted by the issues.  Over time she'll see the good in me.

Also it's helpful to know that all love relationships develop in different ways, and all of them experience problems. By being honest with her about those issues, whatever she decides she'll be able to look beyond them...and if we do have a relationship, we can make one that works for us both.

I'm an indomitable person, so I'm sticking around regardless...and no, I don't want that to be her worst nightmare, lol.

Hello friends

@tyme @NatureLover @Rockdog @Glisten @Dimity @Shaz51 

Love the reframing

I don't love living in my new house

But, moving was positive and I'm getting there, it might end up a positive move.

@Salc the term used is called Gas Lighting, it is a form of emotional abuse. 

i will post a link here to explain it better. i hope it helps.

https://www.newportinstitute.com/resources/mental-health/what_is_gaslighting_abuse/ 

@Salc  Hi 👋🏼 good to meet you on this thread. 

@Jacques  Thank you for sharing that link. It’s not until I read it, that I realised that I had forgotten so much of what happened to me over the past 13 years.

That link is an eye-opener.

I'll never be good enough!
Reframe: good enough for who? I am good enough for myself, I am living the best I can. Also I can't be the best in all areas, there are things I am not good at but there are things I am good at too.

My life has been one mistake after another.
Reframe: I have made some mistake, but also some big achievements. I am more of a success than I realise.

My art sucks.
Reframe: so many people love my art. It's why you've decided to start your on micro-enterprise and sell it. Deep down uou are proud, don't let one bad comment pull that away from you.

I'm going to fail this like I've failed everything.
Reframe. I got this. I have to try, if I'm always scared of failure I'll never try anything and then I wouldn't even know what success is and I wouldn't learn anything. I want this so it's worth taking that risk.

@The-red-centaur 

Thank you for sharing! Those words are inspiring! 

Don't let what other people said define you. We hear good words and bad words in life, but our brain remembers the bad ones more than the good ones. This doesn't mean the good words don't exist. So keep doing what you doing everyone! Make yourself proud. 

@tyme @NatureLover 

I can't settle my thoughts and write clearly

Reframe   How do I know if I don't try?

People do not listen to me

Reframe  Many do not   Some do

I am different to everyone else

Reframe  How do I know that? Have I met everybody else? Impossible

Hello and welcome @meu2 

Very good 

Hello @Jynx , @The-red-centaur , @Glisten