Skip to main content

Re: The Art of Reframing - Back by popular demand!

Yes , all good @tyme , @Healandlove 

Mr shaz is happy away from his family , less involvement is better 

He has me , his 4 children and 2 grandchildren now xx

No @Captain24 . Not at all. You are learning to equip yourself with the skills of reframing 🙂

I'm talking about those who look at OTHERS negatively all the time. Like @Shaz51  's in laws who always see the negative side of them and have hence 'ignored' them in a way?

In other words:

Thought: They are such an idiot and never get anything right.

Reframe: They are trying their hardest.

Sorry if I didn't explain myself clearly enough.

So it's more that they have a negative tint on their glasses towards the world. I think it's rarely on themselves. 

I remember once I gave an elderly person tea. First it was too hot, then it was too cold, then it didn't come with a biscuit... I'm like "Forget it."

@Captain24 

Thought -- I am just a sad person 

Reframe -- I may be sad sometimes but I have lots of friends on the forum who likes me and I have 3 wonderful furbabies who love me 

Nice @Shaz51 !

I find this interesting to try

Hllo Friends Ill try this Concept using what thoughts Ive wrestled with sometimes quite frequently at times                                                                                                  1,Thought, Im not good enough , Reframe Im doing the best I can                             2, Thought I must be a dissapointment ,Reframe Its ok to achieve small goals,small steps each day                                                                                                        3, Thought I cant do anything /Im failing to do things on my to do list today ,Reframe Maybe its ok To allow myself to rest as much as possible for timebeing 4, Thought Christmas Shopping is Exhausting ,reframe yes its tireing to do the shopping but the end result is always worthwhile on Christmas day itself ,apologies for my bad spelling tonight 

Way to go @LostAngel , well done my friend 

@LostAngel  You did so good! I learned  from reading your post.

@Shaz51 

Thanks for the tag here. I have read through the thread. This is something I need to remember to work on.

My biggest baddest thought is

I am never good enough

Reframe: I am always trying my best and that is all I can do. I will get there eventually. 

My feelings of not being good enough came from my childhood. My Mother always blamed me for things that went wrong in her life. 

Meggle

I love this. I have always kept my mouth shut so I don't piss anyone off but as soon as I speak up I'm made to be the bad guy.

How dare I stick up for myself. How do you deal with this? Please help!