Skip to main content

Re: 8 Dimensions of Wellness

I agree that social wellness is very important @Shaz51 and sometimes hard to find when even dinner outings are not allowed right now. people are starting to stay in touch again, which is good, even if through phone calls or video calls for special occasions.

This sounds interesting definitely will be following this thread. Thankyou!

Hi @MDT 

It’s so lovely to hear from you Heart

Please don’t worry - I lose track of my posts sometimes too Smiley Happy

Thank you so much for sharing what ‘silly thing really’ meant for you - that makes sense Smiley Happy

Take care of yourself,

ShiningStar Heart

The last dimension that we come to is Spiritual wellness

What is spiritual wellness?
Before improving your spiritual wellness, it’s important to understand exactly what it is. Spiritual wellness is the process by which you seek meaning and purpose in life. It can be achieved in a variety of ways including organized religion, prayer, meditation, yoga, as well as a careful assessment of your morals, values, and beliefs.

spiritual%202.jpg

Ways to Enhance your Spiritual Wellness

Becoming a practicing member of an organized religion
Performing daily positive affirmations
Taking time to appreciate the natural forces of the universe
Practicing yoga
Forgiving and forgetting the actions of those who have wronged you
Meditating
Reflecting on the meaning of past events that occurred in your life
Taking the time to think about who you are and exploring your inner self
Digging deeper and exploring things you’re curious about
Practicing acceptance

Why is spiritual wellness important?
Spiritual wellness is important for many reasons. First off, it allows you to think about your purpose in life and really establish your “why”. We’re all put on this earth for a reason. Some of us discover that reason earlier than others, however, taking the time to explore your purpose and why you do the things you do is a strong foundation for living a meaningful life.
Another reason spiritual wellness is important is it allows us to connect with a higher power through religion and faith. Personally, I’m a Christian. Therefore, I pray on a daily basis and attend church services to worship God. On the other hand, you could practice Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, Spiritism, or many other forms of religion. All religions have similarities and differences that are worth exploring.
Lastly, spiritual wellness is important because it allows us to clear our minds and accept the things that are out of your control. The reality is, we live in a fast-paced, crazy world that is only getting more complicated by the day. Having the ability to detach from the world and accept that what happens is often out of your control is a powerful life skill.

what do you think about this ??

@ShiningStar@pinklollipop15@JungleGiants@StuF@Dimity@SmilingGecko@MDT@outlander@Sans911@Snowie@Faith-and-Hope@Oaktree@Zoe7@Emelia8@Peri@jem80@BlueBay@oceangirl@TAB@Appleblossom , @Former-Member , @Libra@Determined@Clawde@Smc@Adge@Anastasia@HenryX@Olga@Jacques@Owlunar@Schitzo@Ant7@Bill16@Carlachris@Lee71@Lee82@wellwellwellnez@Fizz@Flax@BPDSurvivor@AussieRecharger@cloudcore@Daisydreamer@TideisTurning@YouAreNotAlone 

@Shaz51 I do wish I had a more spiritual wellness centre or practice sometimes. I know all the 'right' things to do for myself, like yoga or meditation, which is a good reminder to do again. With more organised centres, I go to church rarely now, but was raised to go weekly. I certainly like the Buddhist way of letting things go and try to do that more often, especially in lockdown. With the "Taking time to appreciate the natural forces of the universe" I probably do that on my walks, and will do that more when I can get out of my LGA and see my old favourite walks Smiley Happy

Looks great @Shaz51, I like the Wisdom one the best

yes @JungleGiants  it will be lovely to get back to nature and walking and we will , may seem a long way off but we will 

also I have been watching church on the internet and they are on tv early in the mornings 

we had a pawpaw tree and we had a very riped picked one so i put it in the bird bath whole and the birds waiting until i broke the pawpaw open before eating it 

yes the wisdom one is good @JungleGiants Heart

@Shaz51 I have faith but don't belong to any organised religion. I have drawn from many traditions and found it to be a wonderful way for navigating through the world.  At the moment I am hoping to study shamanic practices from the Zulu tradition.

But yes I wake up early to do my spiritual practices which are very strengthening.  You relationship to your higher self is the most important way to begin the day.