Skip to main content

Re: 8 Dimensions of Wellness

it is hard my sister @BlueBay , sending you understanding hugs and sitting with you xx

we are self employed but on a very low one income , it is hard 

it is good the your husband has an income xoxo

but you are an amazing wife, Mum and Noona xoxo

ok my @StuF , sitting with you my friend xxx

Hey @Shaz51  and all.

Interesting topic. Actually cuts to the core of what I need to do- find a better job! I really quite like where I work, the work I do has enough variety to keep me from getting too bored, the people are nice...

But I need more hours, and I cannot get them there ๐Ÿ˜ž

Anyway, once covid gets vaguely under control and this lockdown is over, I will get in touch with a DES provider and move forward

understandable my @StuF Heart

@Shaz51 

Just wary of DES. Have heard lots of not good things. I was aligned with one years ago. They were great, but they no longer exist ๐Ÿ˜ž

hey @StuF
I just wanted to say that I know how you feel re: work situation and needing/wanting something better
I had this experience at my old job. It was hard to manage everything in life, let along the job I had. I guess I can't say too much else other than to say I'm hearing you

Hi all following along

This is a good and an interesting topic

Earlier this year I realised I needed to leave my job because of :

Toxic environment
Cliques
Poor Management
Boring work
Long hours of doing nothing productive

In the end it was a "job" not "work". I think spending some time working for free this year with my internship that has gone for 3 months has taught me a great deal about what I am both capable of and also what I'm not capable of.
Volunteering is the same and when covid gets under wraps I am looking into volunteering time with homeless shelters. I have been working near this industry for the past few months with my new contract job and I have found that a sector of society is so often glanced over.

@Shaz51 in your initial article you said that management has a huge effect on so much and yes I agree with you it does. I saw that at my old job and my current one. At my old one it was just like complaints and suggestions would fall on deaf ears. It got to a point where they introduced a suggestion box - it was a bit insulting. And the way they managed recruitment stank of nepotism. I even heard of story of one woman who had worked there close to 10 years who had to take time off sick. She came back to find that she had been put in a job share arrangement with someone much younger who was related to a manager. How absurd.

I also found out that there have been 2 people who have held my job before me. I initially put this down to the fact that it was a contract position and that they were looking for jobs while working there. but I also think it was this along with management of my reporting supervisor who is very much a micromanager

I think it's just what we can call "experience" in the end. It's both good and bad. I have had good experiences as well and made a friend from my old job who i still talk with. I also got a good reference too. So I guess there are silver linings too all things. I rmember working for 3 weeks in the state election in the management office and it was a funny time. The manager was a character and he said some very funny things. It was a good reference to get me further.

I sometimes think of work and jobs as a bit like a computer game where you need to build up experience and skills before you progress to the next level of your character.

I am 27 but sometimes I feel older from all the experience - lol

Take care all and thanks to @Shaz51 and others for sharing their experiences

@Historylover, @Anastasia , @Appleblossom , @Owlunar , @ShiningStar , @Bow , @Schitzo , @wellwellwellnez , @Former-Member , @Peri , @oceangirl , @Former-Member , @Libra , @Zoe7 , @Faith-and-Hope , @Meowmy , @TAB , @Clawde , @Bezak482 , @Emelia8 , @Former-Member , @TideisTurning , @Former-Member , @NatureLover , @outlander , @Snowie , @Sophia1 , @Exoplanet , @Mazarita , @HenryX , @Olga , @StuF , @saltandpepper , @eth , @Smc , @Determined , @Scoo , @Krishna , @MySunrise , @Kurra , @utopia , @rivergal , @Sans911 , @frog , @greenpea , @Bipolarcarer , @Jacques , @Lee82 , @Bellarose75 , @Daisydreamer , @cloudcore , @Fizz , @Flax , @Pepsimax , @Bill16 , @BPDSurvivor , @BlueBay , @Pollyotter , @Former-Member , @roses , @Former-Member , @WriterMelb , @Tinker67 , @Boo13 , @Adge , @Ant7 , @Teej , @Carlachris , @Former-Member , @Jynx , @Former-Member

@MDT 

I wish I had your wisdom when I was 27. It's taken me a lifetime to learn what you have learnt about work place dynamics. 
I also do volunteer work and I've gained a lot of skills this way. 
Finding work life balance is important to stay healthy. Especially if you work in a toxic or stressful environment. 
A friend of mine has a saying. "You work to live you don't live to work" ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thanks @Scoo
For your encouragement
I appreciate you say this to me because it reassures me that I'm not cynical
Agreed re: balance

Good on you love to make the decisions to move on sometimes it is what it is we only get one life stuff people that don't apparently appreciate us look after your self like only we can do 

I support your v

brave decision to move on good on you love from your Clawde ๐Ÿ‘