Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Maggie
Community Elder

Taking the plunge

10,240 REPLIES 10,240

Re: Taking the plunge

I'm in awe and proud that you pressed post @Maggie. It takes so much strength to share our stories so vulnerably. I'm so very sorry that your life has been such a struggle and you have been hurt by so many people 😢

I know I haven't posted much to you yet but your beautiful spirit has shone through on the forum. My experiences with mi are very different to yours and I have total admiration for your struggle to survive, however I wish for your sake it didn't have to be the case that life is a struggle. My old psychologist used to say of my mi that it was a struggle and a strength. Sometimes I take comfort from that.

Sending hugs and best wishes 💜🤗💐

So sorry that post was probably way off the mark @Maggie. I know how hard it is to share our stories. I was only brave enough to share mine once and it has been lost in the pages deep in forum land now. Please know that sometimes when we do share it brings up so many mixed emotions, well it did for me and I've seen it with others before. Go gently on you. Wishing you well 💜🤗💐

Thank you for sharing your story @Maggie. I wish I had something deep and meaningful to say, something that could make things a little brighter in your world. But I think we both know there are no words. I've heard you though and I deeply value the courage you have shown in sharing your story here. Smiley Happy

Heart @Maggie Heart

Thank you for sharing.

Hi @Maggie .... ❤️

I am proud of you too, taking this plunge and sharing your innermost struggles .... it's no small thing.  

Finding a place to be able to say what happened to you, without needing to mention specifics, is an empowerment ... I hope you feel that.  I am so, so sorry for the terrible suffering you have encountered, and personally I find the development of DID an amazing response of the human spirit to overcome the evil that has befallen it, and to survive .... in defiance to be able to move beyond the abuse.

I have been enjoying getting to know you too @Maggie.  Your sensitive, compassionate, caring nature is, as @Teej said, very evident.  

As a part of trying to understand what has happened to my WH, I have come across the study of sub-personalities ... this model is called Internal Family Systems .... and the idea that we all have an inner family of sub-personalities who work together to express and guide our "whole" is something I find comforting .... an understandable explanation of all our different facets.

I am assuming you have found other threads here pertaining to the challenges of living with DID ....and other forumites with that shared existence happening for them too ?

You have mentioned your fur-baby before .... and I am delighted that they are in your life.  Your garden is clearly another source of joy for you.

Hugs and hugs @Maggie ..... I hope this thread helps you to feel more settled in ....

💜💐💕🤗

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello my dear friend @Maggie. I read your story on here with a tear in my eye of all the pain you have endured - some I already knew of, some that I didn't. But I am also proud of your testimony of endurance against the odds and of the kind, compassionate, loving, talented and special person you have become in spite of it. I look forward to spending time with you on this thread knowing the fact that Sane has gained a very special person amongst its rank who will enrich this forum for all. So proud of you. Love OTE ❤️ xx

@Maggie. See how strong you are? You pressed send.
Thank you for sharing part of your story. That is brave. But this is a safe place to share your experiences and feelings. No judgments here - only support and caring. ♥
Former-Member
Not applicable

Good morning my friend @Maggie

How are you this morning my friend? A beautiful day here and am just about to go with hubby to have his scans. Just wanted to thank you for your caring posts last night. It meant a lot and showed me how much you genuinely care. Received some really good support from some kind others too on the worry thread which I am highly appreciative for at this difficult time I face. They understood what I am going through and their genuine care was so welcoming at this difficult time in the true nature of a supportive forum. I am very grateful. I am doing well now as a result - thank you.

Thank you for your understanding and belief in my good intentions that I always have in helping others and I feel safe with you. I know myself well too better and know the compassionate sincerity and genuine intentions of my own heart and I like her and thats all that matters too. Unfortunately I do not feel safe on my own thread here so will be letting that go - just wanted you to know that so you wouldnt be wondering. I will phone the mods for their help, support and guidance privately. I will still be here most days welcoming and helping in any way I can with new comers, and will certainly pop in to see my trusted dear friend @Maggie and some others from time to time who know me well. And will start rAnd on topic threads.  It's been quite a few years I have been on here now and it's a great rewarding experience. So I am going nowhere. 

I am getting closer to finishing my story and will tag you and a couple of others to see if they wish to join in or not. I am having a lot of fun with it and will put it up soon. Looking forward to seeing more pics of your cross stitch and garden here when you can as it would give joy to all. You are a genuinely kind and caring soul that doesnt judge and I want you to know how much I appreciate you for this and feel comfortable with you -  it is true support that I need right now. You will go from strength to strength and I will pop in from time to time to see how my special friend is going. You are a diamond among pebbles my friend. Have a wonderful day 😊xx

@Teej Your response last night was spot on and so very welcome. I went searching for your thread but no luck, it must be deeply buried beneath new stories. I have not had the strength to reply til now to say a heartfelt Thankyou. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance