Skip to main content

Re: SPRING-Clean Declutter - Need Help

Hope you are feeling better @Former-Member and are able to continue your decluttering today.

Have you heard from your son holidaying in NZ? Lots of birds chirping and cawing here but can't drown out the sound of traffic. I sleep with ear plugs in.

My dog is pressed up against me here on the bed. Her wet nose against my arm, feeling her warm breath. She's not really an early morning girl anymore. Nice to hear the sound of her breathing.

Thinking of you @Former-Member. Get well soon. image.jpeg

โค๏ธ @Maggie .... ๐Ÿ˜Š

IMG_0463.PNG

@Former-Member ..... got the magic soup going ?  ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿฒ๐Ÿ’•

Thanks @Guys,
I feel horrible, but could be worse i suose. I will keep going but not too hard. Not giving up. Getting out of bed might help lol (but it hurts :() . Had hope'd to have it tidy at least by tonight, but thats not looking good, seems I've just spread it round. ๐Ÿ˜• The RE-Agent said she won't start inspections 'till next week now as going away (happy dance). Its all stessing me more than expected.

Lucky you Soul, having gorgeous furball affection to wake up to, so descriptive. I miss furball. And no my son doesnt need me amidst his short 9 day holiday. away lol. I trust him & webe arranged to meet up when he's back. I'm pleased he's prioritising travelling, this will keep him going.. What's your plans today?

Nice weather at least, must go warm up in the sun. Put more Vicks on etc. Be back soon
๐ŸŒท๐Ÿ’œ

Hi @Former-Member - glad to hear that you are persevering. Will have to get the cheer squad going. Furball didn't eat her dinner last night. She gets upset when no one is home at night. I did a late yoga class and then stayed on for a meditation workshop. Daughter was out too.

Well, she ate it this morning. Wouldn't have been that appertising - then took herself upstairs to have a nap on my bed. She's just popped down now to say hello and out the doggy door to lay in the sun. Can see her from where I'm sitting.

Budgie here is sitting on top of his cage, chirping to no one in particular. Just likes the sound of his own voice I think.

How are your feathered friends going?

Thanks @Faith-and-Hope, you remember my 'magic soup' - lucky I do have some ready.

I always fall on my face trying to declutter, downsize. The stress, the memories, the dust or something makes me sick. Triggers an MI relapse to a degree too, i'm so tired. Its so hard and there's that voice tellingme
'ya hopless!' - told you you couldn't do it - why bother trying - its hopeless - just quit - nobody cares anyway" Tell ya what, its exhausting discounting, not believing blackdog voices within. I can't, they're partly right, all I can do is actually ACT otherwise.

My main declutter goal (this week (given up saying today) is to empty the front room of all wanted items and use it solely for unwanted, things things to go. This is proving harder than first expected. When i clear floor space - l plan to stack high boxes, labelled & priced, as if moving. Everything there only for sale or charity! That's the plan anyway. Having that defined - I can shut the door on it and walk away when beedef, but keep taking stuff in there 'till I feel comfortable in a 2BR setting (re downsize). Well, sounds good anyway.

I just recharged in the sunshine with a cuppa then repoted my lavender into an attractive bigger pot, tweaked out the roots as @Adge suggested to you @soul (hows yours going?)which i hope will boost it along. It's flowering a bit, but spindly and wilts easy when dry. Hoping its branches thicken up. I k CE the smell ofvlavender, and all things purple are a tribute to my girl. (She just gave me a smile).

Laying down typing you, resting my neck and shoulders that are giving me curry ๐Ÿ˜ž plus that sinus headache ๐Ÿ˜ž But trying to limit laydowns to < 20min every two hours and keep going. Works if I don't put the TV on, and set the oven timer in case I fall asleep lol. Sometimes I can spend all day in bed and not care.

Hey, I put dead grasd in the birdcage a couple days ago, today i noticed thwyve evicted the tissue i had invthe nest (pulled it out) and using the grass instead. Busy little things ๐Ÿ™‚ They make me smile ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿ’œ

It's lovely to hear how you're going @Former-Member ..... and I sure do remember your soup.

Good to hear you standing up to the negative voice in the background there ..... it can just chatter away to itself as a backseat driver if that suits you .... as long as the you who is in the actual driver's seat can tune it out, and turn up the "radio" on positive activity, as you say .... as you DO ..... so well done, and inspirational.

๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’•

Hello @Former-Member - good plan there. You can do this. Having that deadline of when the RE lady is coming back helps at times. If that voice of negativity tries to take over, shout back at it - YES I CAN!!!

Love how the lavender has nice memories for you. I love the scent and yes, mine is surviving even though it hasn't been repotted. Must get the stuff I need this weekend. I only have a tiny courtyard so haven't been into gardening. 

Here's my little birdie deciding whether to go for a fly

IMG_4325.JPG

@Former-Member    keep up the good work, a bit at a time, you will get there.

5-I-tried-the-Japanese-method-of-decluttering-funny-quote.jpg

"You are eternity...you are divinity.... you can relax now..." Featuring the title song from my You Can Relax Now CD, a slower, deeper version of the song I first recorded for my Songs For The Inner Child collection. Gratitude to my daughter, Rachel Noll, for creating this beautiful video; I'm so