Skip to main content

Re: SPRING-Clean Declutter - Need Help

Something to spur you on @Former-Member

746bab32c3d2dc34ed38dbcb0e7592ab--hungry-quotes-funny-hungry-funny.jpg

Hi @soul,
Not the day for small jobs for the day hanks - have inspection tomorrow so it was full on.
// re the birds - i slept through their morning call - but a quick trip to toot at 6am i was greated with lovely song from the male bourke bird (any suggestions for a name for him?), so loud & persistent he was (as if excited) i had to stop and chat a while, check their food & water. We had a lovely two way whistle chat - so cute ☺🐦☺🐦☺🐦☺🎢i jad a late night so woke feeling so heavy, sore & exhausted - went back to sleep few hours. Rr nesting - I put more dead grass in the cage yesterday and busy finches had a party with that - packing out their nest basket. Theres a bourke bird egg i put in there after finding it in seed bowl (bourkes dont have a nest box yet, but don't think the eggs fertile. Cant see any Finch eggs, theyre in and out of there all the time. The naughty cat and butcher bird are less inquisitive since i moved the birds to a less accessable location. Though without the dog the cat is around all the time, occasionally comes in so i do try keep doors closed now (no screrns). Thanks for being asking☺
// "What's on the agenda today?" Tidy living area for inspection tomorrow. I really attacked the kitchen dinnong shelves & benches etc - and very pleased with it πŸ™‚ Then I spent a couple hours in the back yard tidying up. Ladders, patching jolevin wall, half filling trailer, picking up. Should have mowed but ran out of daylight.
// My son didn't want to talk last night, said hes really tired (pain meds wouldnt help) and work is challenging with his left hand, but i sense something elsevis wrong. Fortunately the injury occurred on day 8 their 9 away so they had done all he wanted fortunately. He then had 24hr flight delays (weather) which I'm glad about because he fibbed about how recent it happened in case the airline deemed him a flight risk. The dr split the cast for him in case the altitude & cabin pressure increased swelling (i had no idea). He has lots of photos to show me.

Hi @Faith-and-Hope,
nice to see you ☺ nope, couldnt do the "sit down jobs" thing today - potential buyer tomorrow doing inspection, a young couple. So my goal all day, Wed, was to make the living areas beautiful, And i did - I can't believe it - I actually pulledπŸŽ‰ Good suggestion though. I think it'll feel it tomorrow though - and I have to work arvo shift at the shop tomorrow. Its all gogo! Really hope you're holding up there - do try to follow you here and there bit lose track - just keep swimming, hey πŸ¬πŸŒ·πŸ’œπŸŒ·β˜Ί

Hi @Former-Member,
Pitty you couldnt "deal with even one thing on the weekend" I'm guessing you mean Spring-cleaning / decluttering?). Can i ask - were you sick? 😞 Too Busy? 😨 Enjoying enjoying family?πŸ‘₯πŸ‘ Procrastinating? βœ– or just chilling? βœ”β˜Ί That's the thing with housework, hey? It can always wait 'till tomorrow lol ☺
// Thanks for dropping by here and encouraging me - need it today. Appreciate you all. In my home draft I'm slowly working backwards on replying to your messages in between jobs, when i stop to rest the back spasms & shoulder tendonitis flarup, get subtenants etc. I'm worn out but have a clear objective today.
// And thanks for caring enough to raise the 'elephant in the room' issue. I'm nervous about it but also about staying here where I'm so lonely. Its difficult to know if its Blackdog but ther
🏠 WHERE TO AFTER THIS❓
You said: "If you can afford it, can you buy another place and perhaps rent it out while you travel? Have some security behind you" This would be ideal Darcy, but with the apx 150k I'll have left after paying mortgage, solicitors, fees etc, I could only afford a shack in a small town (more isolated than this) or a cheap 1BR villa with unaffordable body corp fees & nothing short of 'criminal' exit fees. I have looked closely at it all.
🏠 Its crazy to have so much money - 150k in my hands and yet not afford stable shelter for myself, unincombered. Its a basic human need. So, it causes me to wonder if there's really any security in this world?
🏠 However, I am leaning toward a cheap place in a small country town to maybe rent out or just store my stuff while I travel, maybe help my parents a bit - hopefully with a better car, little caravan or some sort of RV. I have seen private (not big aged care complex), 2BR Brick villas in small towns for 130k + bodycorp fees (excluding rates) of only $400 a quarter: 1600yr + 2000 rates = 3600 ÷ 52 = $70wk + internal maintenance, even when I own it outright 😞 That particular place, if still available when I sell, will rent for 160wk, which, after the cost of storage elseehere for my stuff, would not leave much benefit anyway. Maybe I could still make it a home base to store my stuff - a place to come back to to rest, to age... (as its in town with a couple of home services) and it would be a good rental for my son to inherit. But... I don't know,
// I'd like to involve my son in the selling up... but the timing doesn't feel right. This being his 'childhood home' (he commented recently how lucky I was to have it, and the memories... Reading between the lines - what I heard him really saying is that he appreciates the stability of still having his childhood home to visit since breaking up with the love of his life 8months ago, and losing his sister.
// Anyway, what will be will be. I'm not sure about anything anymore myself πŸ˜• πŸ’œπŸŒ·πŸŒΏ

Its almost 3am and I'm still winding down πŸ˜•. Just have to mop in the morning and go work the shop. Having rouble going to sleep, in so much pain. My hamstring just had a cramp - ouch! The upper back scoliosis has been inching making it hard to find a comfortable position. Feet are the worst and tendonitis Rt shoulder... I not long as took strong otc pain medication but hasn't kicked in yet. Hope it makes me sleepy. Wish o had a bath to go soak a while. Might have a hot choc though. Starting to get the shakes, cold I think, need to distract. Betta set alarm so I'm awake & gone before they get here lol

Good Night (morning lol) to you all, thanks for checking in on me. HugzzπŸ’œ

Good morning @Former-Member - you have worked like the proverbial trooper and I'm sure that the results show that. And now your poor body is feeling the effects of all the labour.

First inspection today is a big deal. It only takes one buyer. Is there much more that you want to sort out at this stage or can you have a bit of a break to recover? Emotionally too, you must be feeling quite overwhelmed. Not knowing what the future looks like can be a bit scary. At least you are considering many options and have looked into them. Good to do that before making that all important decision. 

Where is it that you would like to travel to? Have you got some destinations in mind? Maybe put your things in storage and take off for a bit, then sort things out when you return. Could you stay with your parents for a bit until you figure it out or is that not feasible?

I am renting at the moment and have half the proceeds of my home. I could well afford to buy a place outside the city but not here at the moment. This place has been leased over twelve months now. Have been living here since February; settled my daughter in here before that. I don't feel like it's home. It took me a couple of months to buy myself a bed even. I was sleeping on the floor on an air mattress until then. 

Not sure what I will do down the track. Just because my kids are here that I am too but have itchy feet at the moment and want to have a change of scenery. 

Will you be around for the inspection or out at work or plan to make yourself scarce anyway? I hope the real estate agent has some good feedback for you.

Seems as though your little birdies are loving their new home. A name for your Bourke finch - Bourke would be the obvious choice. Or Atticus as in the lawyer from To K*ll a Mockingbird. What about the female? Does she have a name? 

I'm sure your son will come around and see you soon. He has a lot on his plate with his work and arm. Good that you have been communicating with him. Must be a bit emotional for him to see you selling up. Does he have much of his stuff there? Things he wants to have with him now?

Thinking of you.

Hope things go ok @Former-Member and that you got some good sleep. Hope inspection goes OK.

Procrastinating on decluttering here. We probably need to move - Mr Darcy not coping with our farmlet. Hope you are able to work things out about what to do. There is a bit to consider and private aged care facilities can end up having horrific fees - been stuff on news about a company recently (?Aveo). I hope it will all sort out and that you will find a place where you feel at home.

Take care
Darcy

Hope you've had a good day @Former-Member. Wondering how the inspection went.

Hi @Former-Member

What a huge decision - to sell up with all that entails -  to go through the past layers of your life in a house you have lived in since you were in a family and what to do? Wow!!

Actually - I hate to tell you this but 150K is not much money at all when it comes to real estate - even out in the country - I had a look at real estate prices in Lakes Entrance when I was there - really cheap compared with the city but like I said - 150K is not much money at all

It's a lot to think about - for me - I am staying in rental accomadation - I like to take my trips every so often - but it would be great to get into real estate but not actually good reality

So I gather you have a lot of ideas - let's see how time hatches out

I forget who said it now but this was your son's home and his security - but he is an adult now and it is time for you to move on - I had to do this unaware that my daughter wanted to live in the old house but that was something I had to get rid of - too many sorrowful memories - I know you have them too

I stopped getting notifications so I have to look around the forum to find people - which is working out better I think - I was often overwhelmed with the amount of mail in my in-box so this is better

Thinking of you Lapses

Dec

The inspection / or viewing nor favourable - he thought it too much work than they could handle. πŸ™‚

Never mind - it was only the first one @Former-Member. Why are we both awake at this hour? Are you okay my friend?

My broken houseIMG_20170915_065658.png

My dream house 

IMG_20170915_065723.png

IMG_20170915_070500.png

what to do? Rent like most everyone else I guess πŸ™‚