Skip to main content

Re: SPRING-Clean Declutter - Need Help

@Former-Member, we reckon if we could arrange to have someone here for a meal, or even a cuppa, once a week, the house would become beautifully ordered... as long as the payoff wasn't everything getting stuffed off into a spare room!

That has been known to happen at our place @Smc 😀😀😀

@Former-Member, we call it the "stuff and cram" stage. It generally happens in the last hour before the visitors arrive, when it has become obvious that a more ordered approach will not be fast enough. 😛

The tricky thing is getting organised enough to get it all back out to sort properly later...

Sometimes it works if we put it all on our bed- that way we have to do something with it before bedtime...

In recent times it has only been stuff on the bed @Smc  and not too much, pleased to report that since the main office clean that the kitchen table has a few less permanent fixtures. 

Long slow process, maintaining what we have done still a challenge, vacuuming going ok, floor washing still not done at optimal intervals but bench tops good.

That would happen with me too @Smc

If I had visitors over once a week regularly (which I don't) - the house would be spotless by now.

Because I always put in some extra cleaning effort, before someone comes over.

It's never quite enough (just once), but if done often enough - I wouldn't recognise the cleanliness.

I could get rid of all the things stuffed in the spare rooms too...

Adge

Yeah... our Younger Daughter had a school friend staying for a few days, so I've somewhat de-junked the kitchen and the dining table. Still way too much left to sort, but it was good having enough space to play a few games of Jenga.

We'll be heading up to my parents' house in a few days. We're taking the trailer, so that means I have to clear out enough junk here to fit in a few treasures from there. That's always a challenge...

Wondering if it is worthwhile investing in some of these to use when mopping floor.

Shoe mopsShoe mops

images (88).jpeg

Jobs that can be done in an ad break include bench top wiping, dusting, putting a load of washing on ....

unnamed (2).png

Found this saying ... the commitment to move one thing a day has made me realise it is possible ... will just take time.