Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: New to BPD and PTSD

Hi Determined,

Thank you so much for the reply. I think what she is saying is the hardest part. My wife has never been in Psychosis like this before, it was like I was her ex partner who was abusive and my wife was saying things that her ex did. 
She is now in the Mental Health short stay ward as of tonight and been in medication now for 3 days. 
I think at the moment I'm searching for hope that when she comes out of psychosis and the paranoia that she will remember how much we love each other. Our relationship has always been strong so hoping it's strong enough for her. 
I will go and read your story, thanks so much for sharing it with me. 

Re: New to BPD and PTSD

@Dove73  

Hang in there. Your wife/friend IS there beneath the psychosis.

I have was diagnosed with BPD and PTSD about 15 years ago. The best way to describe it is being an adult with the emotional being of a child. It is like living with chronic third-degree burns to the emotional self. It hurts...living hurts...wanting to get better, hurts...not knowing how to get better, hurts...surviving, hurts...seeing you hurt, hurts...everything hurts.

I am a survivor of BPD. BPD has made me the person I am today, and I do not regret my journey. 

I was put on medication to help with my major depression and psychosis, but ultimately, it is talking-therapy which helps with BPD - not medication.

@Dove73  It sounds like you are in the depth of things. The medication is there to support your wife so that she is able to manage the chemical and physiological effects resulting from mental health challenges. However, it is your love, dedication, care that will keep her going.

Hang in there my friend.

BPDSurvivor

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance