Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

NatilieMoon
Casual Contributor

I think I'm insane.

Hallo. 

For the past 2 weeks, I think I may be slightly insane. I'm not really sure how to describe it. I don't have any diagnosed mental illness, (I'm too afraid to seek help in real life) But I think that I should at least figure out what is wrong with me.

I used to like talking to people; now the slightest thing that I think annoys me, or makes me uncomfortable, causes my brain to speed up; if you will. All these traumatic, sad, uncomfortable memories/thoughts race through my head- hundreds per second. 

I'm not really sure if this is a panic attack, because by mind seems to become way more alert of my surroundings, and what is going on.

I have a severe phobia of planes and dogs (I have a dog) too the point were I feel very distressed.

Whatever is happening affects me in many ways; my school work, communication, ability to reason.

If anyone knows anything, or can help, I'd strongly appreciate it. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Re: I think I'm insane.

@NatilieMoon 

Hi Natiliemoon,

sounds like a whole lot of not fun, do you find yourself doing things that you don't normally do? like gambling? drinking lots? reckless driving?

I find i get agitated like that, i tend to have to have music playing in my headphones to help relax me.

I would suggest to go and have a talk to your GP, if you have one, if you don't have a normal one you see then i suggest seeing a couple until you find one you are comfortable with, it is quite normal to have the fear about telling someone what is going on, i still dread it every now and then and all my DR's know all about me.

I think you have been quite brave to come here and post, and i think you will be surprised when you find or if you have a good GP how much understanding there is

hope this helps

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance