Skip to main content

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

Very glad to hear you're back to reading @NatureLover . It should give you a boost. You'll tackle the house when you're ready.

I walked to the shops after thinking I might need a delivery... glad I felt well enough.

I'll be guided by the surgeon but I'm not happy about it. 

I saw University of Sydney have a new treatment for hoarding. Something to do with reimagining the consequences of letting things go. For me it's more steeling myself to face the memories associated with old papers, which are what I'm dealing with at the moment. The decision is keep/recycle/shred. Slow work.

I'll have to do my tax... 

@Dimity Thanks for your kind encouragement. I do have to tackle the house this weekend though. The kitchen is approaching non-functional. 

I'm also glad you felt well enough to walk to the shops 🙂

By reimagining the consequences, do they mean reframing it to the benefits of letting go rather than the losses? 

Papers are slow difficult work, you're right. Tax too! Good luck...

A friend gave me an old unused raised garden planter box on wheels today. I need to build it this weekend (it's a flat pack) as I want to plant silverbeet. It would be nice to pop out and pick some green leaves to add to soups or pasta, and give me some nutrition. 

It's raining now, so does this mean you won't get a walk today? I know you like to walk in the late afternoon / evening...

Your own silverbeet sounds good @NatureLover . My kitchen was non-functional too.

I don't know the details of the USydney therapy but I think they said it was related to CBT.

I did walk, there were just a few spots of rain. The walk is very important to me but my low fitness is frustrating. There was a lot of litter but I haven't managed a litter pick up since my setback in April. 

It sounds like your kitchen is functional again now? @Dimity 

I wonder if you'll get in a walk today...heavy rain here, plus some wild weather on the way. 

I imagine picking up litter would be hard on your back. 

I'm not going out today, other than picking my moment with no rain to get the bins in. Reading, laundry, tidying today hopefully.