Skip to main content

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

I think your priorities are good, @Dimity . I'm very sorry someone in your family is pressuring you to do death cleaning. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

So sorry your depression is so bad and won't shift. Sending wishes for you โค

How are you feeling today, @Dimity ? Concerned for you... ๐Ÿซ‚

I see your thread has been taken over. I think that that seems to be the aim of the new format. I don't think it works, myself. 

Had dentist today, plus 2 more dentist appts coming up over the next month. 

Sending wishes for your depression...

Well done on braving the dentist @NatureLover I know you dread it. But very necessary for your health and well-being. 

Don't worry, I'm safe thanks. Depressed, worried, fearful but safe. Family stuff. Can't think my way through difficulties and cancelled psychologist, perhaps unwisely.

One of my roses is out, and the yellow irises, and the native frangipani. I'll  try to get back into the garden soon.

In the house, the clutter is looming - I'll have to get back to nibbling away at it, but I'm fearing things might go badly wrong before I can deal with it.

Sorry to hear @Dimity . Hope it will be resolved. We are here if you need a chat.

@NatureLover - thinking of you. Hope the dentist appointments will be okay for you. Not the most pleasant sometimes. 

@Dimity @NatureLover , have you been able to get out this week to do something nice for yourselves?

Thanks @tyme yes I've been wanting to call but don't know what to say. 

I'm enjoying the Spring garden as I go in and out but haven't tended to it for a while. Lovely colours and scents. 

I'm glad you're safe, but sorry you feel so awful, @Dimity  ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

@Dimity wrote:

...but I'm fearing things might go badly wrong before I can deal with it.

I'm wondering what this means? Am concerned...

The dentist went OK thanks. 

@Dimity wrote:

One of my roses is out, and the yellow irises, and the native frangipani.

This sounds really beautiful ๐Ÿ™‚

I am really enjoying the sunny weather. Rain for a couple of days from tomorrow though. No sign of a new neighbour yet. 

Hope you are OK...well, that you are coping ๐Ÿซ‚

Hi @Dimity , how are you feeling today?

Your thread is too much for me in its current state - not enough of *you* in there, so if you've posted news there, I haven't read it. 

I enjoyed the fact that I could be outside today, as I expected it to rain most of the day. Were you up to going for a walk? 

My house is messy. We have a new neighbour who seems nice. Not sure yet if he's a smoker, as he only moved in today. 

I've been awake since 1.50am this morning. Hope to rectify that tonight. 

Hope you're coping ๐Ÿคž

Sending care.

Hi @NatureLover. No I haven't posted any news to the other thread so you haven't missed anything.  

Sorry to hear you didn't sleep. Hope you're able to catch up, and otherwise OK.

I just came in from a walk in the rain. It was heavier than I'd expected, and a bit thundery.

My place is messy too. I made an effort with cleaning today but don't feel on top of it yet. 

I've probably been catastrophising but family stuff keeps happening and I haven't been able to cope with it. 

The upcoming Council elections have been a bit of a distraction. I've taken an interest in the campaigns and done some lobbying. 

How are you going with your new shelving? Is it helping? 

Sounds like you got wet yesterday @Dimity ? Hope you could stay dry today.

Well done on the cleaning and the lobbying.

I understand not coping, although of course I don't know your family situation. ๐Ÿซ‚ I feel for you. 

Yes, the new shelving is really helping! I'm enjoying having it. 

This is very late for me; normally I'd be asleep by now in winter (or before the clocks change). 

I feel very virtuous as I spent the whole day sewing (mending clothes by hand, adding elastic, etc). Very rare for me to do sewing. 

I hope you are OK ๐Ÿคž

Well done @NatureLover. I've given up on sewing. 

Yes I did get wet yesterday but the rain was refreshing. It was lighter today when I ventured out, thinking it had stopped. At least it didn't soak through my jacket this time.

Today I sorted socks and hosiery, a big job as I'd lost track and kept buying. I consolidated from different drawers and places and now don't seem to have room to put them away. 

Hope you have a good day tomorrow. I'm very glad the new shelving has worked out, it's a significant step forwards.