Skip to main content

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

That's a good idea @Dimity , I might ask for a culture at my next doctor appt. I'm booking them every 5 days ahead at the moment. I know it's not Covid, RSV or influenza A or B. 

What do you mean, that your vision hasn't settled yet? 

Yes, I read a lot of fiction. Which Australian is listed for the Booker Prize? 

In other good news, I found the soap-free bars on a good special and ordered them. 

@NatureLover Charlotte Wood. 

Australian author Charlotte Wood longlisted for Booker Prize for Stone Yard Devotional - ABC News https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-07-31/charlotte-wood-booker-prize-longlist-stone-yard-devotional/10...

My near vision seems to go wonky at times and my multifocals will need tweaking. I'll need to get a better reading light, I'd procrastinated about it before.

Well done on tracking down the soap special.

Interesting article, thanks, @Dimity ! I'm not familiar with Charlotte Wood. 

I'm sorry to hear about your vision. Does the surgeon think the wonkiness will go away? 

@NatureLover my surgeon has never quite believed that my vision has always been variable. He expected my vision to just improve and said to check my glasses after about a month. I guess I'll just wait.

It sometimes takes time to adjust @Dimity and not to overdo do things 

Hello @NatureLover , hope you are feeling better 😊 

@Ru-bee , @Anastasia , @Lostsoul30 

That sounds annoying, @Dimity ?

So after a month you'll get your glasses adjusted? 

Yep @NatureLover it's annoying.  

I went shopping this evening and it was dark coming home... don't think I'll do that again. I'd hoped it would be better.

I have a postop review tomorrow so I guess they'll pick up if anything's wrong.

How was your post-op review today @Dimity ?

And did you not expect it to be so dark?

I spent some time outside in the sun today, fixing the new shadecloth to the fence. It doesn't offer much privacy, but it still makes me feel better having it there. 

Well done re the shadecloth @NatureLover . The sky was blue but the air was chilly. It was minus 1.2 here this morning. 

The postop review was good thanks. I do need new glasses which might help night vision a bit. But I have to wait another 3-4 weeks.

I got some boxes of stuff today to go through, which is always difficult, and it's not getting easier. 

What transpired with your nice neighbour's lease renewal? No news is sometimes good news so perhaps it all worked out for you. It was lovely of them to help with your groceries over the last couple of weeks.