Skip to main content

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

Best wishes if you go to work tomorrow @NatureLover . It was nice to catch up yesterday. 

You're right, @Lostsoul30 . The fear of germs affects me socially. 😥

It's strange - I'm sick at the moment, and usually when I'm sick the fear of germs goes away. But this time it hasn't. 😣

It was nice to catch up, yes 🙂 @Dimity 

Am nowhere near ready to go back to work - am still coughing and got a runny nose. Actually I really want to be back at work, but can't spread it around. 

How did you go on the weekend with your dreaded tasks?

It sounds as though your mood has lifted a bit although you still have symptoms @NatureLover . It's progress.

I didn't attempt the scary jobs but might try later in the week. I've been upset by family, finishing up with my psychologist yesterday and my psychiatrist not keeping a telehealth appt today. 

Hopefully tomorrow will be better 

Ohh hugs @Dimity , see you have had a day and a half 💖 

Can you do some self care for you xx

Having a cuppa coffee ️ with you 💕 

@NatureLover , @Jynx 

Thanks @Shaz51 just having a decaf. Very glad the cat ate his dinner as he's very old and quite finicky. He was upset being away from home last week. 

I need to rediscover some selfcare. Someone had good ideas for a coping toolbox on another thread today. Actually I bought a new essential oil diffuser a couple of weeks ago.

@Dimity wrote:

I've been upset by family, finishing up with my psychologist yesterday and my psychiatrist not keeping a telehealth appt today.

I'm very sorry to hear this, @Dimity 😢

My mood is up and down - up due to sunshine and different antibiotics (today), and down as I've missed so much work and feel isolated. 

I hope that your stresses ease, especially from family. 

Yes the sunshine is lovely @NatureLover and I'm glad your antibiotics are helping. Loneliness and Isolation can certainly drag you down, it does for me too.

I have someone here cleaning my gutters.

I think I've found a new psychologist - she's local, practices in the areas I need, and can fit me in immediately. So I'll be brave and raise it with my gp.

Hopefully you'll continue on your upward trajectory and be back at work next week if not tomorrow. 

The problem is, the antibiotics aren't helping @Dimity . There's no way I can be back at work tomorrow. Today's lot are the 3rd different sort of antibiotics, so I really hope they do something. There's been no change for 3 weeks now. 

That's great news about a new psychologist! Especially that she can fit you in straight away! And that she's local. 🙂

Maybe it's viral @NatureLover . Has your gp arranged path tests (a culture)? With my last infection my gp checked the antibiotics worked. 

People are saying their flu lasted 5 or 6 weeks, but I hope you can shake this sooner. 3 weeks is already too long.

Do you read fiction? I see an Australian is listed for the Booker. My vision hasn't settled yet but I'm still hoping to get back to reading.