Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care by growing a garden

my bush today @Former-Member , @Former-Member , @Adge , @Determined , @Smc 

bankoc  rosesbankoc roses

Wow those pink blooms (flowers) are gorgeous @Shaz51

What bush is it (what plant)?

I cannot tell clearly from the picture...

Adge

Bangkok roses @Adge  xx 

Thanks @Shaz51 I looked it up (with Bankok rose name) - apparently they're Mussaendas (genus).

I'm not really familiar with those - it does look beautiful.

Tropical plant (apparently) - it would not grow well here (WA).

Too low rainfall (dry), too hot here.

Adge

Was out watering the few plants we have in the front yard this morning and stopped to pull a few weeds out. Was happy to spot our resident blue tongue in one of the clumps of agapanthus.  Providing habitat out the front = essential as we have a dog. I really did not want to keep the aggies but am thinking we might need to reassess and instead of getting rid of them all together, perhaps gradually relocating them or finding a suitable alternative to make border on the council strip which would be aesthetically more appealing and would be another step in tidying it up 

@Former-Member  Stage IV water restrictions are tough. The dry seems to sap life out of our souls. 

We have stage 3 water restrictions here which is unheard of @Former-Member , @Former-Member , @Adge 

When we lived through stage IV restrictions many years ago we used to bucket washing machine water to the garden before diverting it through an adapted wheelie bin.

Yep doing that too @Former-Member  ... I collect all the water from clothes washing, dish washing, and bucket it out to garden. Not enough though. I also have a bucket in the shower and use that on garden too. It wont save fruit trees or large shrubs tho, as their roots are deep, and no ground water down there. @Adge @Shaz51 

Heart breaking  @Former-Member , people became very inventive as to ways of they could recycle their water. We managed as we had a large rainwater tank, but I was careful with that too.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance