Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

debo
Casual Contributor

Is trying to look good a crime?

I have been married for six years now. But my husband doesn’t like me looking good. I always feel that. He always think I want to attract all the men to me and that’s why I’m trying to look good. But that’s not true. I feel good when I try to look good. It makes me confident and strong. My teeth has been out all the while and now I want a change. I chose the most closest , safest and caring family dental care in Burlington. He doesn’t agree to it. I have hyperlinked my dentist place to let you know how good it actually is and he still thinks I’m going there to attract some men there. This is ridiculous and not acceptable. Thanks all for giving me a ear. I feel so good venting out whatever I feel. I really don’t feel our relationship will change between us. But its good to have a place where you can throw in your feelings.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Is trying to look good a crime?

Hi @debo

I'm glad we can be here for you to vent.

I noticed you're fairly new here, so I wanted to share the guidelines with you (which you can find here)  and let you know that we have guidelines around content that could be perceived to be in the commercial interest of a member or someone else.

You mentioned that you can't see the relationship changing between you both, what makes you believe that? Have you spoken to him before about this issue?

Given that you're posting in a forum for carers of people with mental health difficulties, has your husband been diagnosed with something and seeking treatment?

Nik

My husband doesn't agree to look go for treatment. BUt yes I have spoken to him. He is full of doubts. I'm not sure how much he'll agree even if I suggest treatment coz he always thinks he is right. I never let anyone talk to me to be so close coz I fear him....

I wish someone could speak to my husband though

Hi @debo

Jealousy can be horrible. I think it's healthy to get a bit jealous at times - sometimes it's just a reaction. But your husband should not be making you feel threatended.

Is he abusive towards you?

Please look after yourself.

CG

Looking good would raise your confidence unfortunately it jilted his insecurities may you can tone it a bit and " look alright" as a compromise ....unless of course your feeling insecure.,,,
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance