Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Caring for Someone Living with Dementia

Ohh hugs my @billybutton ❤❤

Oh I see. That can be tricky to manage. I hope the Dr understands the challenges you sit with medication and your mum. If you worry she'll run out sooner, hopefully they can review things so you're not dealing with the additional stress of running out.

@billybutton I just want to support and love my mum as you do xxx

But the doctor wants her to cut back on the sleeping tablets which I see no point in doing soo 

They won't give her any more until February @billybutton , which I think is wrong as my mum 90 years old 

That sounds hard if they haven't explained their rationale while you are managing the day to day. Does she had a geriatric psychiatrist? I've found them knowledgable about dementia and medication.

Wow she's 90. I hope they can see that comfort and reducing suffering is helpful at any age.

No @billybutton 

She only takes 5mg ( half a tablet a night) 

She has not had a fall for a year now that we are now living with her  

It sounds like you're doing a great job caring and advocating for her needs @Shaz51. A GP can provide a referral to a geriatric psychiatrist to review her medication that will support her needs and allows you to convey your experiences.

Thank you @billybutton ❤

Will need to find some extra support for mum xx 

Anytime @Shaz51. It's a journey. What ever provides your mum and you with ease of life.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance