Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

CherryBomb
Senior Contributor

A message to yourself in six months time

Hey folks,

I heard an interesting idea on the radio today where people left messages for themsevles in the future. The idea works like this: you write a note to yourself, and then plan to read it in six months. Maybe you will want to have done something by then, or maybe you've just started something new and want to see how you're going in six months. 

Here is the place where you can check in with yourself six months later:

Here's my message to myself:

Relax and breath... relax and breath.... eat healthy and smile. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: A message to yourself in six months time

Lovely idea ... I have been doing something like this by noting my appointments diary with phrases and comments in the future.

"You can manage quite a lot on your own so dont fret so much about not having built up support networks."

Al are you climbing Byangee Walls in Atumn?

Hows the meditation and yoga going? 

What a great idea..
"It will be ok"
..and that lovely quote from 'The First Best Marigold Hotel'
"Everything will be alright in the end...and if it is not alright, it is not the end"
One more - remember to SWIM
x

Fantastic @Kate70 @Annie2  @AlienBP2 @Appleblossom - I'm going to put a reminder in my diary to let you know when it's been six months so you can check in with yourself. Smiley Very Happy

Will check in on April 1st, I know it's not exactly six months, but I'm thinking of the easiest way just in case other want to join in on this activity this month. Then I can set reminders on a month by month basis. And of course, feel free to initiate the check in with yourself and others anytime. Smiley Wink

Looking forward to seeing where we are all at in six months. Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance