Skip to main content

Re: Topic Tuesday// Caring For The Carer// Tues 29th November 2022 7-8:30PM AEDT

aww im sorry i missed this one!!!

Re: Topic Tuesday// Caring For The Carer// Tues 29th November 2022 7-8:30PM AEDT

Thank you for a great night @Karen17 , @TideisTurning , @amber22 

I have experienced carers burnout and carers fatigue 

Aw sorry that we missed you! Feel free to keep this conversation going in another thread with @Shaz51 and any others that would benefit from it! This will be available for you (and everyone else) to read through and will stay on the forums 🙂 Hope you're having a good night! @outlander 

Thanks everyone involved in this session.  @amber22 and @TideisTurning I really appreciate the chance to join you here.  

I really urge any carers to access support.  If you are supported by unpaid family or friends please encourage them to give the carer gateway a call and get registered.  

Good night

Hello and hugs my sister @outlander xx

A little extra information regarding the earlier question: What services and/or supports are available for carers?

Please know that it can take a while to go through the registration process for some supports.  So even if you don’t feel like you might need support now, I suggest you register with at least Carer Gateway and Support for Carers program so you will be ready to go when you need it.   Also become a member of Carers Victoria or your state carer body so you start getting a newsletter which will let you know about events and services that might be of interest and help to you.

i just got home and logged in @amber22 but ill have a read through so i can catch up

Sorry, forgot to mention that Carer Gateway is for all Australian carers but the "Support for Carers Program" is a program for Victorian carers. Carers Gateway or Carers Australia, should be able to help you with details for any similar programs in your state or territory.