Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome and getting started

Mum10
New Contributor

Travel insurance

Hi all

First post:

Our family is now in the very happy position of planning an overseas trip with our son who has schizophrenia and was last in hospital in December 2023. Has anyone else had any experience with finding travel insurance with this as a pre-existing medical condition please? I thought I’d found a company but their reviews were all dreadful. 
thanks

Mum10

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Travel insurance

Hi @Mum10 

Welcome to the forums.

I hope you find a sense of community here ❤️

I am unsure of any specific travel insurance. Have you tried contacting the popular ones and asked if they cover it?

Thanks for getting in touch. Yes, I’ve tried lots of companies. I’m finding I have to give everyone’s personal information to everyone before then being declined and sometimes I wonder why they need all the information (email phone dob for three of us before asking about health) which takes ages to get through each time. 

Hi @Mum10  welcome to the forum. I actually have no idea about that. But if you find out overseas insurance in google and check for their reviews you can find out best companies. Better not to call all.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance