Skip to main content

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here πŸ™‚

@Sunnyside226 Hey that is huge that you are looking after more than one child for your brother.  Hope you got through. I just logged on.  A bit depends on the age of the baby how to manage it.  Bubs might sense that things are wrong (which they are, missing both parents etc) and just be crying because of that, which is true, but it may not be anything due to you. He or she may pick up your feelings of insecurity about caring for bubs, but you cant really do much about that, but do your best to calm them and calm yourself. People often walk the baby in a pram or take them for a drive, but that can tricky to manage around the other kids needs.  I had to deal with bubs and kids when I had heaps going on and it is VERY DIFFICULT.  

Bottom line... feed and change nappy when dirty, check for burps and gas.  Sometimes giving a bath can be a great soothing distraction.  It all depends on what they are used to.  Taking them all to a close play ground, might give the older ones some sense of care at their age level, so they are happy while you look after littly.  My grandmother had 9.  How they coped is beyond me.  Go gently with yourself, as you go gently with them.

Cooee

Warm regards

Apple

Hi @Appleblossom  I have been running around all day with the kids the baby isn't even a month old it's very little  I done the feeding and everything the other 2 are just a handful today I was in the shop with all the kids and the other 2 ran different directions and I didn't know what to do I chased one and the other one was running so fast I lost him some lovely person helped me and then I had a big meltdown  I just couldn't do it by myself it's so hard  I took them for a drive tonight It just felt so overwhelming after today  I wish I had help because it's too much  one of the kids had a big meltdown today in the shop oh my I was about to leave him there yes he's autistic nonverbal but I don't really understand kids  

It's a long night with baby it's giving me a headache I wish it would stop crying I gave it a bottle I feel like crying I can't handle this crying 

Hey there everyone, hope that you have enjoyed your Saturday. 
My name is Lou Lou and an happy to be here

Hey @Lou_Lou, so lovely to have you join our community here on the Forums! Welcome πŸ™‚

There are lots of great places to connect with your peers if you want to take a look at this post: Looking for a space to connect with others? Find a... - SANE Forums

You can use the @ symbol to tag people too!

Thanks and take care

RiverSeal

@Sunnyside226 

How long do you have the kids for? Have you been given a time when brother returns? Glad someone helped. Reminds me of struggles I had. 

If you want you can use the New Discussion tab and start your own thread.

Take care

Howdy!

I'm magicspaghetti, I just joined the forums yesterday and figured I'd say hello πŸ™‚

I'm a pastry chef and baker and completely obsessed with baking, so if anyone wants some recipes or advice, hit me up! Baking and cooking are two of my most adaptive coping skills, there's something so joyful in creating something tactile and delicious when I'm feeling shitty.

I struggle with quite a few mental health issues, but I'm not awfully fond of diagnostic criteria and will go on extended rants about the DSM5 being utter bullshit, so I won't go into specifics- I'm playing mental illness bingo and my bingo card is much fuller than I'd like πŸ˜•

It's lovely to meet you all and I'm keen to be part of what looks like a really adaptive, helpful and supportive community πŸ’š

Hi im frappe, its nice to be here

I've struggled with mental health issues and a lot of complex trauma for a long time and I'm hoping that this could be my next (pretty huge) step in coming to terms with it all

Fun fact, the username comes from my favourite gift from my girlfriend, a huge pink cat called strawberry frappe

Hopefully thats done right and cant wait to see where this goes

Hi @complexfrappe 

Welcome to the forums. Thank you for contributing your story and experiences to the forum. Sharing in this safe environment is a positive step toward feeling part of something supportive. Also a good place to learn too. Forum members are always more than happy to show care, empathy and discuss issues generally in a safe and supportive way. So welcome once more!

NiteKat (mod)

Hello πŸ‘‹πŸ» 

decided to join after few months of having ups and downs with depression and anxiety.

Medications and counselling sessions seem to help partially. Both me and my husband are struggling now as we don’t know really what to do next.

hope it makes sense what I wrote πŸ™‚