Skip to main content

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here 🙂

Hi @ShiningStar

Thank you so much for your response to my post. I really valued you taking the time, and it’s nice to know you can relate to some of what I said. I feel like I might just fit in!,

Take care. I’ll definitely be actively seeking out ways to connect with the site.

Hi @ShiningStar 

What a beautiful reply to my post! You are so gentle and supportive.

The “enchanted forest”.  I came upon this while hiking around Lake Waikiremoana in New Zealand. I had to ascend a long way up on one of the days. After doing this I found myself all of a sudden in an incredibly quiet, hauntingly beautiful forest that was cloaked with the clouds (from being so high up). I got to hike through this space alone for 4kms. I was positively transported.

In hearing your story regarding snow, I also have a memory I’d like to share with you. On my first major hike I had to trek and camp on snow. Where we camped was straight out of a glossy postcard, all with a mountain in the background and a gently running stream right next to my tent. I was frozen, but very happy. 

Doing my hiking has loads of benefits, particularly my mental health. I don’t always feel good right after I finish a hike - my mind is often blank. Thinking back on them privately makes me proud and more confident (these feelings can be short-lived). I share the details of my exploits with very few as it’s not always a positive experience for me.

Recently I’ve started organising to go on more and more hikes, some that are more challenging - I'm starting to feel fearless and addicted to just feeling good. I’m starting to believe that it’s not unexpected for me to need to walk - I think now that the Elder might have just been stating the obvious!

I loved the fact you love the ocean. I did scuba diving for many years. There’s nothing like it!  Not enough room in this post to cover off on this subject.

Take care and thank you so much for your support.

Hi I'm scream58.

I didn't do an introduction when I found the forums but jumped right in where I felt a connection.

I'm 63yo, not old but not young, just floating in a grey area. I am a survivor of childhood sexual abuse, rape, domestic violence ... and more.

I'm currently scared that my therapist will become aware of my self-harm and will put me in hospital. I am terrified of hospital stays. 

I recently had a stroke and have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis. These, along with other medical conditions are combining to push me deeper into depression and fatigue. 

I have chronic anxiety and am currently an emotional wreck.

Hello everyone, I'm returning to the forums after a break, with a new user name. I've been reading the posts here for years and I feel at home here and it helps me to feel less isolated. 

I live with schizoaffective disorder and melancholic depression. I'm late 40s, separated and I work, share the care for my children and I also help support my elderly parents when I can. I'm just getting over the breakdown of my relationship with my children's dad after which I experienced a psychosis, and was hospitalised. I then returned to work while I was still symptomatic and now I have a depression episode. I've changed my medication in amongst it all so the schizophrenia symptoms are finally managed. 

I am inspired by the way we all support each other in these forums and hope that by rejoining I can contribute well too.

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here

new to this site/these forums so i thought i would introduce myself. i'm an 18 y/o trans man, i have lived experience with depression, anxiety, adhd, bpd, and a self-harm addiction. i've never really been a part of forums or spaces like this before and i want to at least give myself the chance to be open and honest with others about what i struggle with. 

hoping that me reaching out here helps someone else feel less alone, if not me. 🙂

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Hey there @nowheretohaunt 

Welcome to the forums! I'm one of the peer support workers here. It's so so great that you found us and shared your struggles. It takes courage and you should be proud.

I'm sure you will find support, friendship, and a wonderful sense of community here from members from all backgrounds.

If you ever need a hand from a moderator you can tag one like this @moderator.

Once again, it's brilliant that you found your way to this wonderful community and for the courage it takes to express your story with us.

hanami đź’®

Hey everyone my name is Crabby, Im a Nursing Assistant in an aged care facility, 

Im finding hard to come out of my shell, I isolate myself when Im not at work, I been diagnosed with BPD, have trust issues  due to years of  multiple traumas since early childhood, I have witness and been through things that its a wonder I am still here. 

But anyway im sticking my head out slowly and seeing if its safe.

Hey @Crabito ,

Welcome to the forums! I'm sure you will be able to connect with others on the forums who have had similar experiences with BPD (such as myself!).

Just a quick note, in order to align with forum guidelines, we ask that you do NOT use your real name (anonymity guideline) - I'm not sure if this is your real name. 

I've sent you an email regarding this.

Here is the link to the forum guidelines in case it was missed. https://saneforums.org/t5/help/faqpage

I look forward to seeing you around.

Please feel free to visit some thread about BPD such as:

Raising Awareness of BPD - Flipping the Script 

Topic Tuesday // Supporting loved ones living with BPD // Tuesday 25th January, 7pm-8:30pm AEDT 

LIVE CHAT: BPD for Friends, Family and Carers - This Sunday 3rd October 7:00-8:30pm AEDT 

tyme

Hi , I have lived with anxiety most of my life (I’m 47) through past therapies I have gained coping strategies … recently I experienced (what I didn’t know at the time ) a trigger and this caused a downward spiral to where I couldn’t manage to get the same relief from my go to strategies and did see a Dr (after cancelling a few times and feeling too anxious ) and I’m to have CBT in two weeks . I’m anxious even about that because I don’t know where to begin .. I don’t want to go all the way back to the beginning it’s too much . Hope this all makes sense. Trying breathing exercises 4 slow in nose ,hold for 7 and out mouth for 8. (4,7,8) easier to remember when I’m high anxiety symptoms. Dr put my also on wait list to assess for ADHD as he feels possible partial reason to anxiety symptoms, I don’t know why hasn’t it been picked up before now , what else ? Anyway that’s my now. 

Hi all, newbie here.  Been struggling with BPD symptoms all my life, and am currently in a really difficult relationship that is making it much harder to manage my triggers.  Looking for some clarity and support.

Fun fact about me?  I love languages.  I speak Mandarin, understand a fair bit of French and Italian as well as some German, and am currently teaching myself ancient Greek and Latin just for fun!