Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: not coping

i dont get to be sick even when i am actually sick. even while ive been struggling with covid ive have to make sure pops taking his medications, eating, drinking, showering, entertained. cooking meals for him and trying to do some washing.

i had to go out today to pick up groceries so i done an online order and all he had to do was get out of the car and just put the bags into the car so i wasnt near anyone but that was to hard for him and i had to get the worker to help put stuff in the car. his dementia is getting more then i can handle but theres no one that will help when covids around. even his support services wont even come to the house for 15 days so im stuck with him all mext week as well now

@outlander, it certainly sounds like you haven’t been able to properly rest up during your sick period. I wish I could say something or do something to make you feel better. I’m here with you 💖🫂
Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Aww @outlander that's so hectic, makes recovering from covid so much harder when you don't actually get to rest. I'm sorry that it's so hard right now, sending some hugs your way hun 💜🫂

thank you @Jynx @creative_writer its always like it and has been since ive been his carer. so frustrating
Jynx
Peer Support Worker

For sure @outlander such a challenging situation, for such a long time. Wish I had a way to make it easier for you hun 😞🫂

Thanks @Jynx I see my psych tomorrow or we’ll Telehealth so I’ll probably vent to her

@outlander, I hope you find the psych appointment healing 💖🫂

Hey @outlander , How are you? I feel I haven't spoken to you in ages! Hope you are okay.

@outlander I hope your psych appt. went well and you were able to get something out of it.

Sending lots of love hon 💗💗

Still sending that love hon @outlander 💌💌

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance