Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Sleep issues

I've had sleep issues for years but they have worsened lately.  About a month ago I started taking a new medication to help with sleep.  I'd previously been on another medication for about a decade.  With the new med I fall asleep okay but I wake up wide awake after four or five hours.  I can't get back to sleep.  It has taken a toll.  I am fatigued and fuzzy in the mind because I'm not getting enough sleep.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Sleep issues

Hi @Former-Member 

I'm wondering if the new med is less sedating than the previous one? Is this something you can ask your doctor about? They might be able to adjust, add or change something to help with sleep. 

Hope you get it sorted soon. Not sleeping well is so disruptive and awful.

Warmest wishes

Hanami

Re: Sleep issues

Hi @Former-Member 

Firstly it is nice to meet you. I don't think we have spoken before.

I'm not sure if the prescription was given to you from a doctor or a psychiatrist. I am on sleep meds too and have changed recently because I would get to sleep ok but not stay asleep.

Unfortunately I cannot tell you what meds I am on now, but I think it is something I would be discussing with whoever put you on the sleep meds. There are quite a number of different ones out there so trying a different brand might help.

Hoping you can get it sorted out and more sleep.

Snowie xo

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance