Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Birdofparadise8
Senior Contributor

Not Coping

Hey everyone how are you all? 

@RiverSeal @Shaz51 @NatureLover @tyme @Sunshineandsea @Eve7 @TuxedoCat  @amber22 @Jynx @FloatingFeather 

I'm not doing great at all today. I'm feeling down. I also keep beating myself up for everything and feel like I'm just failing. I need a break from everything. It's getting so hard that I don't know how to keep going anymore especially since I can't talk to anyone around me as they are leaving me or don't understand. 

Hope you don’t mind me reaching out I just really need a chat and though I could come on here and vent and talk for a bit. 

Thank you

20,617 REPLIES 20,617

Re: Not Coping

Hey @Birdofparadise8 ,

I'm here if you want to continue our game. I'm not sure if @Sunshineandsea will mind. Have you been keeping tally of how many questions?

@Birdofparadise8 , oh, and of course I'm also here for a chat 🙂

Thank you @tyme 

Not I haven’t kept tally. Why does life have to suck so much I do everything to feel better and I just end up feeling the same or worse. I just need all this to stop. 

I hear you on that @Birdofparadise8 .

I think I used to use all my energy on trying to feel better that I ended up feeling worse. It's more that I stopped trying to 'get rid' of the negative, and accept it, that it eventually disappeared. I'm not sure I'm explaining it right.

All my life, I thought I had to get rid of the 'bad' stuff. But through therapy, I learnt that this is not the case - rather, it's about learning to sit in the space of discomfort because it'll eventually shift.

What did you get up to today anyway?

Sending you lots of understanding hugs @Birdofparadise8 ❤

Sometimes it does feel like it is always going bad and to look for a positive through these times are hard 

Sitting with you and keep on keeping on  with me and @tyme 

That sounds interesting but discomfort isn’t fun. @tyme 

I have made some cupcakes, had a chat to my auntie and wrote a letter for my cousin to discuss about the boundaries and how I feel. Besides that I haven’t done much I’m not bothered to do anything really. 

I definitely feel like I’m going backwards. I definitely wasn’t suicidal or self harm three months ago and that all I can think about and the thoughts just don’t stop and make me even more worse. Thank you @Shaz51 

I'm sorry you are feeling this way @Birdofparadise8 ,

Yes, sitting in discomfort is NOT fun, however, this skill actually makes a difference. I can't even name it or anything... so it's hard for me to even look into it.

I just it defies what we instinctively do with something unpleasant i.e. push it away.

Thank you the suicidal thoughts are terrible I just seem to get them out of my head like I try and push them away but that just makes it worse. I’ll ask my psych when I see him on Thursday about the discomfort.  @tyme 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance