Skip to main content
balance37
Peer Guide

What do you do for self care?

• Do you have any go to strategies that work well for you?
  • How do you decide what you may need according to the situation? Does your self care routine differ when it is work related stress compared to other life stressors?
  • Do you have any unique self care strategies that others may not have thought of before, but may also find helpful? 🙂
3 REPLIES 3

Re: What do you do for self care?

I struggle with this so I am interested in what others do. 

Great thread @balance37 ! 

Walking away from the situation helps me. It gives me time to calm down and re-orient. It also means I don't act while in an emotional state.

Another thing I do is deep breathing. When I'm in a stressful situation, I am very conscious of my breathing. Only on Wed I found myself struggling with life in general. I did a lot of mindful breathing that day. And I survived the day 🙂 

Same here @Captain24 . I try to organise time for myself each day, even it's just a 5 minute meditation on an app, otherwise I will never do it. I like the 'Smiling Mind' and 'Insight Timer' apps. You can download them for free onto your phone and there are quite a few meditations that are free, but you can also purchase a membership if you find it helpful. They also send you daily reminders to check in with yourself (if you allow that when you download) 😊