Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Does anyone want to talk

I’m going for a walk now @Ru-bee

Good on you for knowing you need to take a break, and for taking it @ArraDreaming  

Hope the walk is a good breather

Also my dog is sulking cause she only got 2 pancakes this morning not 5

Hey @ArraDreaming  just popping by with a bit of support and some cheering for you. Parenting through mental health is real bloody hard! I don’t comment much, but I sometimes stop by to read and you do a pretty good job of it.

I personally know that sting of ‘your boring mums better’. I often get very similar comments from my D. She sees her father every second Saturday for what… 8hrs. And 3 hrs every second Thursday. She mostly gets his undivided attention and ‘he always plays with me’. She’s too young to understand that of course he will play the whole time… but what about the other 157hrs in a week????

Sometimes I just need to lay on the couch or on my bed. Sometimes the tv or iPad is used too much. But it’s better that I take that 1/2 or so break so I can recharge and then get back up again to parent more. 

so don’t beat yourself up when you need a break. 

oh and our dog is sulking too. Since Tuesday! She’s more my mums dog and she left Tuesday for an interstate trip. Won’t be back for another 2 weeks! 

@Bow I was boring until 8:55 this morning at school drop off and he refused to go into his classroom and said he wanted to go home to hang out with me instead… funny that

We are trying to get a majority of our things packed up today @Zoe7 so we can move
How are you

I saw that before you asked me how my Saturday was
I thought I would answer here, @Jynx
Not too bad
We just watched movie with the kids tonight
Snacks and all that

Aww nice one @ArraDreaming! Cars again? 😝 

Haha nah not this time, we watched Nemo @Jynx

Another classic @ArraDreaming and one I haven't watched in forever!! Maybe after work tonight 😊

Did you and your kids enjoy Finding Dory as well?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance