Skip to main content

Re: 8 Dimensions of Wellness

@Historylover , @Appleblossom , @Owlunar , @ShiningStar , @Elac , @MySunrise , @Schitzo , @saltandpepper , @MDT , @TAB , @Faith-and-Hope , @Zoe7 , @Clawde , @Judi9877 , @NatureLover ,  , @Meowmy , @Peri , @Sophie1 , @Sophie1 , @Scoo , @FindingStrength ,  , @Libra , @Bezak482 , @oceangirl , @BlueBay , @Kurra , @Teej , @Adge , @cloudcore , @TideisTurning , @frog , @outlander , @Snowie , @Ant7 , @Smc , @Tinker67 @Shaz51 

Behavioural wellbeing refers to one's characteristic behaviours and conduct in going about one's life, and responding or reacting to various situations. It's influenced by:

Personality

Attitude

History

Motivations

a. Personality: This remains largely unchanged throughout life, being roughly 60% nature and 40% nurture. That said, it can be informative to consider its relevance to one's behavioural makeup.

b. Attitude: You get to choose your attitude to life, which can positively or negatively shape your behavioural wellbeing and, in turn, influence your three internal kinds of wellbeing: intellectual, emotional, and spiritual. Attitude includes self-efficacy and mindset.

c. History: You can't do much about your history, aside from stepping back and considering if your values, which inform your beliefs, which inform your rules, and which you acquired subconsciously from your parents, teachers, friends, and society as you grew up, are still working for you. The same goes for examining your habits.

d. Motivations: Motivations include your goals and aspirations, which can equally benefit from self-consideration.

The results of the interactions between your three internal kinds of wellbeing (intellectual, emotional, and spiritual) in determining your overall wellbeing are mediated by your behavioural wellbeing.

Here are some strategies that could be considered to improve or maintain behavioural wellbeing:

Personality

1. Self-awareness: "Engage in self-reflection to understand your personality traits and how they influence your behavior."
  2. Personality assessments: "Consider taking a personality test (like the Big Five) to gain insights into your inherent traits and how to work with them."

Attitude

1. Positive mindset: "Cultivate a positive attitude by practicing gratitude, focusing on strengths, and maintaining an optimistic outlook."
  2. Self-efficacy: "Boost self-efficacy by setting and achieving small, manageable goals, and celebrating your successes."
  3. Growth mindset: "Adopt a growth mindset by embracing challenges, learning from feedback, and persisting in the face of setbacks."

History

1. Reflect on past experiences: "Take time to reflect on your past experiences to understand how they shape your current behaviors and beliefs."
  2. Reevaluate values and beliefs: "Assess whether your inherited values and beliefs still serve you well, and make conscious adjustments if necessary."
  3. Change harmful habits: "Identify and work on changing habits that negatively impact your wellbeing."

Motivations

1. Set clear goals: "Define clear, achievable goals that align with your values and aspirations."
  2. Seek purpose: "Identify and pursue activities and goals that provide a sense of purpose and fulfillment."
  3. Regularly reassess goals: "Regularly evaluate and adjust your goals to ensure they remain relevant and motivating."

General Strategies

1. Mindfulness and meditation: "Practice mindfulness and meditation to improve self-awareness and emotional regulation."
  2. Behavioral therapy: "Consider engaging in behavioural therapy to address and modify maladaptive behaviors."
  3. Stress management: "Develop stress management techniques such as deep breathing, exercise, and time management to maintain a balanced lifestyle."
  4. Healthy routines: "Establish and maintain healthy daily routines that promote stability and predictability."
  5. Social support: "Build a strong support network of friends, family, and colleagues to provide encouragement and accountability."
  6. Continuous learning: "Engage in lifelong learning to adapt and grow in response to new challenges and opportunities."
  7. Physical health: "Maintain physical health through regular exercise, a balanced diet, and adequate sleep to support overall behavioural wellbeing."

By focusing on these areas, you can actively improve your behavioural wellbeing, which in turn positively influences your intellectual, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing, ultimately enhancing your overall wellbeing.

A lot of work there @Explorer7 💕

I am sure you have noticed that the same sort of themes are occurring and re-occurring in your distillations.  These seem to percolate down into core values and codes of practice (kindness, self-reflection, revisiting thought and behavioural patterns, etc.)  if I list them all I will be repeating what you have written at some length.

Thank you.  It’s a great yardstick, and a lot to consider.

🌷 F&H

Thank you very much @Faith-and-Hope 

I've largely been building on the work of @Shaz51 

I's good to have the opportunity to discuss this with both of you.

You've picked up on something I noticed along the way which was that, as per your examples, things like kindness; self-reflection; revisiting thought and behavioural patterns seem to percolate across more than one of the nine wellbeing types.

I don't know yet what the significance of this is. It may be that in addition to the nine kinds of wellbeing, there are some practices worth identifying and listing separately for their wellbeing potency. It's like by doing one thing you get two-in-one (or more) value.

It may be worth highlighting this in the list of items for improving or maintaining that kind of wellbeing. For example, if an item in the list of things good for physical wellbeing is also good for e.g. spiritual wellbeing, then say so in the entry for that item.

My ambition is to assemble all the items, and the accompanying model, into a single document called the The Tutti Frutti Book of Wellbeing.

I don't want to be naive but I don't want people to necessarily have a lot to consider about wellbeing. The concept of wellbeing ought to be easy enough to grasp. From there it's nice to know that there are the nine kinds, and that there is some sensibility as to how they are related. From there, just dive in to the kind of wellbeing that interests, you and partake of the menu, so to speak. I have tried to divided the items appearing under each type of wellbeing into themed bunches or chunks, so as not to overwhelm the reader with too many types. OTOH, I may still be underestimating how hard it is in fact to follow all of this.

Another puzzle, that I briefly mentioned earlier, is whether there is a separate "mental wellbeing". If there is, then I suspect it would accompany the intellectual, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing types. OTOH, I suspect there would be lot of overlap with the intellectual, spiritual and emotional wellbeing types, possibly so much so that there is no such thing as mental wellbeing as a separate kind of wellbeing.

I have some further work to do in adding references from the literature to the consolidated list of wellbeing types.

I don't know yet, but am looking forward to seeing how all of this works out. If you have any thoughts about any of this I'd be delighted to hear from you.

@Historylover , @Appleblossom , @Owlunar , @ShiningStar , @Elac , @MySunrise , @Schitzo , @saltandpepper , @MDT , @TAB , @Faith-and-Hope , @Zoe7 , @Clawde , @Judi9877 , @NatureLover ,  , @Meowmy , @Peri , @Sophie1 , @Sophie1 , @Scoo , @FindingStrength ,  , @Libra , @Bezak482 , @oceangirl , @BlueBay , @Kurra , @Teej , @Adge , @cloudcore , @TideisTurning , @frog , @outlander , @Snowie , @Ant7 , @Smc , @Tinker67 @Shaz51 @Faith-and-Hope 

After compiling all the suggestions, there are 253(!) suggested ways to improve or maintain wellbeing across the nine types. Adding the explanation of the model brings the word count up to 6,480.

I suspect an index would be useful and this could run to around 1,050 words = about 7,500 words.

If I add some content about how to use the model and some of the extracts from the literature, including some of the nice pictures Shaz51 and others posted, that would bring the word count up to, say, 10,000 words.

An A5 booklet would have about 40 pages; A6 = about 80. I have an Australian A6 booklet called Avoiding Depression, by Gary Boucher (2016) which he privately published. It has 117 pp.

I have in mind posting the compilation to the web, too, and seeking further suggestions.

On the topic of whether there is a separate "mental wellbeing" my inclination is leaning that there isn't, and that mental wellbeing is a product of some, most or all, of the nine types of wellbeing. I'll post something separately about that.

I'll further separately post some ideas about how to make the proposed tutti frutti model easier to use.

I cannot emphasis how important it is to hear from other Sane members about your suggestions and your impressions of the proposed model. Your wisdom in terms of what has worked for you in terms of improving or maintaining wellbeing is crucial. There is a fair amount of information about wellbeing in the cloud but very little, relatively speaking, about what people have actually tried and found to have worked.

Sharing lived experience is good for the soul = spiritual wellbeing = suggestion 254?

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

PS I have yet to go through the "Our coping toolbox" thread so there may well be more suggestions to follow.

Presentation about men's mental health from the Men's Shed. Arrived in my email this afternoon. Good connections to the dimensions of wellness.

Mental health check-in.jpg

The Mental Health System Is New

• Ancient Greeks saw mental illness as a medical problem
  • Middle ages in Europe and mental illness was seeing people who were demonised or affected by witchcraft
  • Age Of Enlightenment – From 1800s mental illness seen as a medical condition again
  • Medical care was rudimentary. People were often institutionalized away from society
  • Antidepressent and antipsychotic medication development in 1960s
  • Human rights acknowledged and conditions in institutions improve
  • 1993 was Australia’s first national mental health plan – Only 31 years ago 

3 in 4 suicides are men

1 in 2 men will have a mental health disorder in their lifetime

Men not in the workforce have 4x the risk of depression

Separated men have 6x the risk of depression

Men who lack close friends have 2x the risk of suicidal thoughts

Maintain a healthy body can strengthen men’s mental health

Creating a health lifestyle builds men’s mental health

Developing a healthy mindset keeps men mentally strong

Mental Health

• Mental and physical health are equally important components of overall health.  
  • Depression can increase the risk for many types of physical health problems, particularly long-lasting conditions like diabetes, heart disease, and stroke.
  • Similarly, the presence of chronic conditions can increase the risk for mental illness.

Language Around Mental Health 

• When I hear the phrase mental illness or mental health or mental wellbeing, I probably have a different interpretation of what those words mean than maybe you do
  • Look to our everyday conversation. We use phrases relating to mental illness, sometimes disparagingly,
  • in everyday life:

You’re psycho

He’s crazy

Insanely good looking 

Mental Illness Often Not A Choice 

Where Does Mental Illness Come From? 

• Genetic factors — having a close family member with a mental illness can increase the chance that you might get a mental illness. 
  • Drug and alcohol abuse — illicit drug use can trigger a manic episode (bipolar disorder) or an episode of psychosis. Drugs such as marijuana, amphetamines etc can cause paranoia.
  • Other biological factors — some medical conditions or hormonal changes can cause mental health problems.

Treat The Person 

• De-stigmatise mental illness
  • Check-in with those around you
  • With the right levels of support around a person, most people can function optimally
  • Within our pharmacy community, I see people with all forms of mental health conditions

Finding Support 

• Are there causal factors - the biological, the psychological and the social
  • The psychological - building resilience, building skills, medical help
  • The Social aspect - stable housing, financial counciling, finding meaning in life and recreation or occupation can be really important. 

Ten facts about women’s mental health

Wow. Shows that wellbeing dimensions can not always be completely in one's control, and that professional guidance, medical support and emergency interventions can sometimes be required.

1. Hormonal influences increase the likelihood of mental health symptoms
Hormonal fluctuations, such as those that occur during the menstrual cycle, pregnancy, and menopause, can significantly impact a woman’s mental health. Conditions like premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) – characterized by severe mood changes before menstruation – highlight the connection between hormonal changes and mental well-being. PMDD can cause a host of psychological symptoms, including:

Irritability
Depression
Anxiety
Forgetfulness
Insomnia
Paranoia
Lack of control

2. Women have higher rates of depression than men
One of the mental health outcomes of a woman’s hormonal influences is the greater likelihood of experiencing depression than men. In fact, women are twice as likely to experience depression. The reasons for this gender difference are multifaceted and involve biological, hormonal, and psychosocial factors. Women may also face unique stressors, such as societal expectations, caregiving responsibilities, and the impact of gender-based violence, which can all contribute to higher rates of depression.

3. Depression is the leading mental health issue for women worldwide
Not only are women experiencing higher rates of depression than men, but depression is also a primary mental health concern for women worldwide. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), depression is the leading mental health issue for women and one of the most common causes of death in women under 60.

4. Anxiety disorders are more common in women than men
Depression isn’t the only mental health condition affecting women disproportionately. From puberty until about age 50, a woman is twice as likely to experience anxiety than a man. Biological factors, such as hormonal fluctuations and differences in brain chemistry, as well as psychosocial factors, such as societal pressures and life events, can contribute to the higher prevalence of anxiety disorders in women.

5. Anorexia and bulimia affect women significantly more than men
Mental health disparities between men and women don’t stop after depression and anxiety. Eating disorders, such as anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa, are known to disproportionately affect women, as well. In fact, approximately 85%-95% of people diagnosed with anorexia or bulimia are women.

Societal pressures regarding body image and beauty standards can contribute to the development of eating disorders. Therefore, it’s important to address these societal influences and promote body positivity to support women’s mental health.

6. Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is twice as likely in women
Women are more likely to experience PTSD than men, as much as two to three times as likely. This is often the result of higher exposures to trauma, such as sexual assault, domestic violence, or childhood abuse. The effects of trauma on mental health are profound, and addressing trauma through therapy and support is crucial for recovery.

7. Women face unique mental health challenges during pregnancy and postpartum
As if previous disparities weren’t enough, hormonal shifts during pregnancy and postpartum have been linked to conditions like postpartum depression and anxiety. About 10% of pregnant women and 13% of postpartum women experience a perinatal-related mental health condition. This can have a significant impact on new mothers, affecting both their well-being as well as their children’s. Early detection and intervention are crucial for maternal mental health during this sensitive time.

8. Women who experience poverty are at greater risk for developing a mental health condition
A clear link has been found between a woman’s mental health and her relationship to the poverty line. In fact, women experiencing poverty are nearly twice as likely to face poor mental health outcomes than women living above the poverty line. This critical relationship highlights the need to better support women in their socioeconomic endeavors.

9. Roughly half of women experiencing mental health issues are victims of abuse
Evidence shows that roughly half of women experiencing a mental health condition are victims of abuse. Understanding the intersection of mental health and abuse is crucial for providing comprehensive support to affected individuals.

The lasting impact of abuse on mental well-being emphasizes the need for trauma-informed care and specialized interventions. By addressing the underlying trauma and fostering a safe environment, mental health professionals can play a vital role in helping female survivors navigate their healing journey.

10. Women are more likely to receive treatment for their mental health than men
While it can feel discouraging to learn about all of the adversities women face when it comes to mental health, it should also feel hopeful to learn that women are more likely to seek help and treatment from a mental health professional. The first step to getting better is understanding there’s a problem and seeking help. Therefore, it stands to reason that there’s an incredible chance we can make things better for women over time.

@Historylover, @Appleblossom , @Owlunar , @ShiningStar , @Elac , @MySunrise , @Schitzo , @saltandpepper , @MDT , @TAB , @Faith-and-Hope , @Zoe7 , @Clawde , @Judi9877 , @NatureLover , , @Meowmy , @Peri , @Sophie1 , @Sophie1 , @Scoo , @FindingStrength , , @Libra , @Bezak482 , @oceangirl , @BlueBay , @Kurra , @Teej , @Adge , @cloudcore , @TideisTurning , @frog , @outlander , @Snowie , @Ant7 , @Smc , @Tinker67 @Shaz51 @Faith-and-Hope

Today has been somewhat labour intensive as I worked my way through the eight dimensions thread in the FRIENDS, FAMILY & CARERS FORUM.

Harvesting all the suggestions there has amounted to 21,000 words, which is a lot.

It will take me some time to distil that content into "what works" suggestions for each of the eight dimensions, and to check for any overlap with the existing list of 253+ suggestions.

Between the two forums, the eight dimensions thread attracted 506 replies by my count, which is outstanding. Equally, there were some oustanding contributions.

Along the way I found the "Let's make a coping skills toolbox". This is valuable as, before you can work on improving or maintaining your overall wellbeing one presumably has to walk before one can run, hence the probable usefulness of a coping skills toolbox. I'll redraw and repost the coping skills toolbox, as the graphic is quite hard to read.

@Historylover@Appleblossom , @Owlunar , @ShiningStar , @Elac , @MySunrise , @Schitzo , @saltandpepper , @MDT , @TAB , @Faith-and-Hope , @Zoe7 , @Clawde , @Judi9877 , @NatureLover , , @Meowmy , @Peri , @Sophie1 , @Sophie1 , @Scoo , @FindingStrength , , @Libra , @Bezak482 , @oceangirl , @BlueBay , @Kurra , @Teej , @Adge , @cloudcore , @TideisTurning , @frog , @outlander , @Snowie , @Ant7 , @Smc , @Tinker67 @Shaz51 @tyme 

By happenstance, or cosmically, a Psyche article arrived in my email a little while ago. The topic is, and this just about does my head in, is:

How to look after your emotional health

Find out which of your emotional needs you’ve been neglecting and use tips from human givens therapy...

Here's the need to know content from the article:

"Need to know

The human givens (HG) approach to therapy was developed in 1997 by the psychotherapists Joe Griffin and Ivan Tyrrell, who were struck by the fact that so many different models of therapy exist. To them, this indicated a lack of consensus about how people can best be helped. They decided it made sense to go back to basics – to the needs that all living organisms must meet in order to flourish. In the case of humans, that includes our emotional needs.

The key organising idea driving HG therapy is that if these essential emotional and physical needs (the ‘human givens’) are not sufficiently well met, it can lead us to suffer from problems with mental health. Most of us readily accept our physical needs, such as for air, water, nutritious food, sleep and shelter. It’s our emotional needs that we tend to overlook. In this Guide, I invite you to use the human givens framework of needs and resources to take a look at your own life and see what is working well for you; and to identify where perhaps you are falling short and could make some changes, large or small, to improve your wellbeing.

The basic emotional needs we all have

Many decades of social and health psychology research have identified several basic emotional needs that are critical for our wellbeing. These include:

• security – ‘safe territory’ for us to live and work in, without undue fear;
  • autonomy – a degree of control over what happens in our lives;
  • attention – giving and receiving it, which enhances our development as human beings;
  • emotional connection – a loving relationship with at least one other person, intimate or not;
  • community – belonging to social groupings beyond our family;
  • status – feeling accepted and respected as the people we are;
  • privacy – having sufficient time and space to reflect on and learn from our experiences;
  • competence and achievement – recognising our capabilities and seeking to build on them; and
  • meaning – the sense that our lives are purposeful, and matter.

If one or more of these basic needs are not met, it can be harmful to your mental health."

This looks like rich emotional wellbeing fruit for the tutti fruti mix. I'll see if I can incorporate it with the other emotional wellbeing suggestions.

@Historylover@Appleblossom , @Owlunar , @ShiningStar , @Elac , @MySunrise , @Schitzo , @saltandpepper , @MDT , @TAB , @Faith-and-Hope , @Zoe7 , @Clawde , @Judi9877 , @NatureLover , , @Meowmy , @Peri , @Sophie1 , @Sophie1 , @Scoo , @FindingStrength , , @Libra , @Bezak482 , @oceangirl , @BlueBay , @Kurra , @Teej , @Adge , @cloudcore , @TideisTurning , @frog , @outlander , @Snowie , @Ant7 , @Smc , @Tinker67 @Shaz51 @tyme 

I separated out the environmental wellbeing content and suggestions from the Friends, Family & Carers Forum, and it added to the same from the Lived Experience Forum.

What follows has been distilled and streamlined from the 500+ replies to the two 8 dimensions threads:

Environmental wellbeing refers to how we interact and respond to our homes and the natural world around us. Having a nice atmosphere around you, and experiencing the beauty of nature, can make you feel more fulfilled overall.

“The environment in which you live has a significant influence on how you feel. People who live in nations with a lot of rain and overcast days, for example, may experience seasonal depression, which can damage their emotional, social, and spiritual health, among other things.”

https://stride.com.au/dimensions-of-wellness/environmental-wellness/

In the list below of 32 suggestions for improving or maintaining environmental wellbeing, the letter in parentheses ( ) flags which other kinds of wellbeing are reinforced:

(E) emotional, (P) physical, (Sp) spiritual, (F) financial, (Sc) social

Subject to your thoughts, it's this list that I hope and expect will serve as the draft of the first edition of the Tutti Frutti Book of Wellbeing, with the remaining eight wellbeing types to follow, plus introduction, model, and index etc.

A. Home personalisation and satisfaction

1. Create a personalised, clean, and organised space with cherished memories and photos: “Decorating, regularly cleaning, and arranging my living area with personal items like pictures, favourite activities, plants, or flowers, and photos and memorabilia has made it visually appealing, hygienic, easy to navigate, and truly my own, reflecting my unique style and personality.” (E)
  2. Surround yourself with furniture and belongings that give emotional satisfaction: “Choosing furniture and items that bring me joy has made my living space more fulfilling.” (E)
  3. Write down positive words and display them in the home: “Displaying positive affirmations around my home has created a more uplifting atmosphere.” (E)
  4. Try colour therapy to influence mood positively: “Incorporating colour therapy in my home decor has positively influenced my mood.” (E)
  5. Engage all five senses for a positive home environment: “Creating a sensory-rich environment with pleasant scents, sounds, textures, and visuals has made my home more enjoyable.” (E)
  6. Incorporate fish ponds or indoor fish tanks: “Adding a fish pond to my garden or an indoor fish tank has brought a sense of tranquillity and a connection with nature to my home.” (E)
  7. Create positive spaces in the home for relaxation and creativity: “Designating areas for relaxation and creativity has made my home more enjoyable and supportive of my interests.” (E)

B. Home safety and personal health

1. Optimise natural light in the home to boost overall mood: “Maximising natural light in my home has improved my mood and created a brighter living environment.” (E)
  2. Create a sound environment by using calming sounds or white noise to reduce stress and improve focus: “Using calming sounds or white noise in my home has helped reduce stress and improve my focus.” (E)
  3. Mind toxins, allergens, and safety by using eco-friendly products: “Being aware of and reducing exposure to harmful chemicals and allergens in my home, and implementing safety measures like security systems and proper lighting, has made me feel more secure.” (P)
  4. Keep a cat indoors to protect wildlife: “Having an indoor cat has provided companionship while protecting local wildlife.” (E)
  5. Choose a living location with access to quality healthcare and social services: “Living in an area with healthcare and social services has enhanced my sense of security and wellbeing.” (Sp, Sc)
  6. Focus on making the bedroom a place of relaxation and sleep: “Optimising my bedroom for relaxation and good sleep has improved my rest and overall wellbeing.” (P)

C. Sustainability at home

1. Use energy-efficient appliances: “Upgrading to energy-efficient appliances has reduced my electricity bill and environmental footprint.” (F)
  2. Use solar power to reduce environmental footprint and electricity bills: “Installing solar panels has significantly lowered my energy costs and reduced my carbon footprint.” (F)
  3. Renovate or modify your home to improve happiness and support sustainable brands: “Making thoughtful home improvements within my budget and supporting sustainable brands has enhanced my living space and happiness.” (F, E)
  4. Opt for eco-friendly, energy-efficient home improvements: “Choosing eco-friendly and energy-efficient upgrades has improved my home and reduced my environmental footprint.” (F, E)

D. Sustainable living practices

1. Reduce meat consumption: “Incorporating more plant-based meals has made me feel healthier and more environmentally conscious.” (P)
  2. Be mindful of using public transport or walking instead of driving: “Choosing to walk, bike, or use public transport instead of driving has reduced my carbon footprint, improved my health, and enhanced my fitness.” (P)
  3. Optimise water usage: “Having rainwater tanks, fixing leaks, and using water-saving fixtures has reduced my water bill and made me feel more responsible.” (F)
  4. Compost and recycle your waste: “Composting food scraps has reduced my waste output and provided rich soil for my garden, while recycling has minimised my environmental footprint and made me feel more responsible for my waste.” (E)
  5. Minimise plastic use: “Switching to reusable bags and containers has made me feel like I’m making a positive environmental impact.” (E)

E. Lifestyle adjustments

1. Grow your own food: “Growing my own vegetables has been rewarding and reduced my grocery bills.” (F, E)
  2. Downsize property to reduce maintenance requirements: “Downsizing my living space has reduced maintenance and upkeep needs.” (E, F)
  3. Donate items you no longer use: “Giving away clothes and other items I no longer need has helped others while reducing excess belongings in my home.” (E)

F. Nature and the outdoors

1. Embrace and find harmony in nature: “Spending time in nature, incorporating natural elements into my living space, and taking regular walks or bike rides in natural settings have helped me feel more peaceful and connected, reducing stress, pollution, and crowds.” (E, P)
  2. Create wildlife habitats: “Transforming my garden into a wildlife-friendly space has brought more birds and butterflies, making my home feel closer to nature.” (E)
  3. Add bird baths to attract wildlife to your garden: “Installing bird baths in my garden has attracted various bird species, enhancing my connection with nature.” (E)
  4. Participate in tree planting for koala habitats: “Joining local tree-planting events to support koala habitats has given me a sense of contribution to wildlife conservation.” (Sp, Sc)
  5. Start a garden to teach children responsibilities and create a beautiful outdoor space: “Creating a garden with my children has taught them responsibility and provided us with a beautiful, shared outdoor space.” (E)
  6. Create a seating area in the garden for relaxation: “Setting up a comfortable seating area in my garden has provided a peaceful spot for relaxation and enjoyment of the outdoors.” (E)
  7. Minimise exposure to pollution and noise: “Choosing to spend time in quieter, less polluted areas has positively impacted my health and wellbeing.” (P, E)

Above messages from @Explorer7 

@tyme , @Jynx , @espressologic