Skip to main content

Re: 8 Dimensions of Wellness

Hey @Owlunar @ShiningStar @Elac 

Smiley Happy

@Historylover Like you I have had few birthdays recognised in last 30 years.  It was always my job to remember others. I appreciated @Shaz51 taking role of birthday threads for members, it def cheered me up in last few years.  It says something that my son decided to return home to also give me a birthday and respect, as he was sick & tired of the way the family has treated and ignored me.  You kind of get used to it, and I am learning to protect my heart from whatever others presume about it.

Hearing you also about the "assertiveness" caper.  I was ever only very polite and very compliant with my last Gp and she turned into a very bossy presumtuous lady.  Full of herself, tho she apologised once for putting her point of view on me and said it was wrong, she continued to do non medical judgey statements in next 2 sessions.    I always praise and compliment if people are doing their job.  It is wearying putting in complaints .... often I just let things go, but then they get away with it, at the tax payers expense.

@Shaz51   I knew someone would ask that!  Do you mind if I don't say - but that is giving the game away a bit, isn't it?  

The reason is that people judge us by our age when they know it - too young, too old, etc.  I have had people develop a completely different opinion of me when they learn my age - yet I'm still the same person.

So - do you mind if I don't say?  I don't want anything to change in these relationships which I hold very dear.

I am looking forward to sending personal happy birthdays as well.  I have marked it on my calendar. Heart

It will certainly add a dimension to my 8 Dimensions of Wellness!

Thirty years @Appleblossom?  How I wish we could mend all of our broken families and learn to talk things out.  So much unwarranted pain.  I'm so pleased your son has made a response to you and hope it is the beginning of better things ahead.

Yes, it's wonderful of @Shaz51 to do the birthday threads and I'm sure it must make a big difference to so many of our lives.  I expect there are a great many of us who are never thought of on our birthdays.  I have now put several of our birthdays on my calendar.  I'd love a whole lot more.  It feels really good to feel that I have a human connection - an alternative family.  And a new birthday list!

I let something go by me today myself.  Really had to hold myself back from responding.  People can be so disrespectful when they are members of a clique.  I'll be regarding everyone with considerable wariness from here on, for however long I can tolerate having to do so. At least you got an apology! 

It's really difficult to get along with people!!  

Where did you go, @Shaz51?  Do you mind that I would rather not give my age?  You don't, do you? Smiley Sad

no worries my @Historylover Heart

@Shaz51 - I'm older than you.  Shhh! Heart xxxx

Hello @Determined@Sugar00@Clawde@Jenn1@Vimes , @Former-Member , @bonnygirl@Vicki3@Owlunar@Emelia8@Eve7@Krishna@missy_79@Htoo , @Former-Member , @Jo26@ShiningStar@mummsy@Anastasia@Ellu@Historylover 

@FraniB@Smc@rlec16@squirell33@Arizona@2qwerty@Bill16 , @Former-Member , @Jar@Sunflower7@Sophia1@WIP@Poppyfriend543@WriterMelb@Appleblossom@Owlunar@Elac 

are you really my @Historylover , I am 57 xxxxxx

Really, @Shaz51 Heart

love you @Historylover Heart