Skip to main content

Re: SPRING-Clean Declutter - Need Help

Trailer load taken to tip today - was sorted into the various recycling bays. 

Inside a couple of more papers filed. 

Hi @Former-Member

Yes - it has been a year - and what a year for you - so much happening all the time - really hard work for you and such a huge change in your circumstances

That must have been scary for you when your spiritual sister had a melt-down like that - really hard stuff - were you able to say any of the RU OK stuff - but right - you would know if she gave up - she's told you - now you are on the alert - 

That must have been hard

Yes - I do have a washing machine - it takes small loads that is great for one person - I don't know what I would do without it - the laundomat is a long way away and I don't drive - and washing by hand is a rare event with my arthritic hands so yes - a big YES - I have a washing machine

And I also know that it's hard to get back up off the floor - and really hard to stand in one place at times - back pain and knee pain - I understand what you are talking about

I haven't been feeling well today so I have been reading but I only started to write a little tonight - I think it got cold today - it started off being warm but it was just not a good day

Sending hugs to lots of people

Dec

Hi @Owlunar, nice to see you. Sorry you're not feeling well. With washing, I thought maybe your home help would hang it out for you. I did that for some in my community susupport work.

I have a lot of pain tonigt, but pressing on, probably well into the night. Then off to see Dr & hopefully start journey south early Friday AM. Dad's getting rest less.

Got another 2 bags clothes & linenbfor charity & lots of book & bits. So over it.
Can't stay & chat but had to say hi - praying for you too. Stay strong xox

Hi @Former-Member

I am feeling okay today - I got very cold yesterday and found it hard to warm up but the spring weather here can be tricky and turn - even a sunny day can be colder than we think - wind-chill ๐Ÿ˜ž

I have my home-help change the bed every Friday and every second Friday I have my Queen Sized Doona covers changed and I need my helpers to hang them out - too big and awkward for me - but the rest of the stuff I hang out myself - which reminds me - I need to get my clothes line fixed - I hung the washing inside through the winter and it dried in the warm air in the lounge - and I forgot the clothes line had broken at some stage - really awkward to use

So you are back to Sydney and your Dad tomorrow - you have been up at your old place for some weeks - longer than I thought - and so many decisions about stuff - there is always stuff - either we deal with it bit by bit as some kind of habit or all at once when it becomes necessary but there are still decisions - decisions and more decisions

It's hard pushing ahead and through etc when you have so much pain - I know - we can't measure each other's pain - we have to deal with what we have - we can have empathy and commisserate but it still hurts a lot - or a little - or whatever - and it can make the task at hand harder

Stay strong yourself - I likewise pray for you - I will be thinking of you driving home so take breaks and have a rest and a snack and coffee - nap if you need to - that part will be over I think because today or tomorrow is the settlement. I hope the task is done

So - take breaks on the way back - this is the next stage of a difficult time for you - I will be thinking of you - praying and hoping all goes well

Dec

Cleaned out the big freezer this morning  ... not by choice ... went to get meat out for tea and noticed all had defrosted ... not sure when it stopped working ... things were still cold ... chooks are benefiting. 

Will be thinking of you as you take to the road tomorrow morning @Former-Member. Safe travel my friend.images (37).jpeg

Safe travel my friend. @Former-Member, will be thinking of you HeartHeart

Hello @Former-Member, @Owlunar, @Smc,

Safe travel ditto from me @Former-Member.

Aargh, @Former-Member! How much did the chooks get...

@Smc not too much thankfully, I had all but emptied freezer as we have a steer almost ready to go. There was 2 packs of chicken legs, one of beef mince, some bacon, a few ends of home made bread,  a couple of packs of frozen veg and some icecream.  

Oh yummy @Former-Member.

At least you found it early.

My mum and dad had a freezer go off because the fuse in the shed tripped. Problem. Is it was a week or more before they found ut and it had was full of pork. (2x pigs that had been processed) the stink was so bad they had to dispose of the freezer because it could not be cleaned.