Skip to main content

Re: SPRING-Clean Declutter - Need Help

Have more decluttering to do. I still have my pooch’s bits and pieces around. I can’t see myself getting another dog. May bundle the bed and blankets up and give them to the RSPCA. 

You have been busy @Former-Member

@soul ... 🐢🐢🐢

@utopia has been very slow going, little by little. 🐒🐒🐒

I've got about 20 DVD movies in bags, ready to go out - but I don't know where to take them.

They're mostly brand new, some never opened.

Mum sent me them (in post), because she didn't want them.

I don't want them either, & I don't have the shelf space to keep them.

Adge

Op shops take CDs/DVDs @Adge.

Ok thanks @Former-Member I've never done that before.

I can't think of any other options.

Honestly, there's no point in keeping them - when they're not of interest, & I probably won't watch them.

It's Mum's hoarding habit - she can't bear to throw anything out, or get rid of things.

So she sends things to me (to get rid of them), even when I say I don't want them.

Then it clutters up my house, instead of hers.

Adge

Thanks lapses.

Checking with google it probably wasn't as severe as Level 3 This pic from google looks a bit like how I was.

I was compelled into cleaning up after a notice of compliance from the council (the yard was a mess too.) I hired a team of two men with a large tip truck and a bobcat for the yard.

That got me motivated so I started emptying the house into the backyard.

I was ruthless but I never regretted it. Then I called them again to deal with that.

Out onto the nature strip went a lot of electrical equipment in working order.

For a couple of months I filled the recycling bin with books.

I didn't bother about "finding good homes" as this would have slowed up the process.

It was all very liberating, enabling me to sell up and move to the small city of my dreams. 

As for yesterday, I got what I wanted done. I think I'll vacuum the floor now. It's been a couple of weeks.

Unfortunately the file size of the image I wanted to upload was excessive. There's heaps of motivating videos on YouTube on decluttering. Cheers and thanks.

Hello all.

Our big declutter aim here at the moment is to get together a bunch of our "unwanteds" to hold a garage sale, hopefully this coming weekend, but the week has somewhat filled up with other necessities, so I'm not sure whether or not I'll be ready.

Am also concerned at how I'll last out the day. I find that if a day is too busy, I both get very tired, and also emotionally tense, which leads to me sleeping poorly because I can't wind down. But ooooh we need the space!

Perhaps the two things might "answer" each other. If I don't have enough time to get a big sale together, a "mini garage sale" might be done and dusted by lunchtime...

Good on you Darcy. I'm doing well.
The main living area is looking pretty good. I'll be able to show it off when the groceries are delivered tomorrow.